We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on a Sunday

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on a Sunday

Good Evening,

We are looking at our itinerary and look to be arriving in New Orleans on a Sunday. One of our party will be celebrating a birthday and I'd like to know what the situation is regarding Sunday nights in New Orleans? Are there places open to go for food, can we get an alcoholic drink etc. Please forgive my ignorance of any state/county laws.

Diolch

KB

South Wales (where Sunday evening dining is not brilliant!)

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

If you are celebrating a BD you most likely want to dine at a very nice restaurant. Some close on Sunday and some close on Sunday and Monday but most will be open. I recommend Galatoire's or Muriel's. Emeril's is another good choice. If you will post what kind of restaurant you prefer we can help you more. Enjoy your visit.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

Do not worry. Overall, everything is open on a Sunday.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

Alcohol can be served 24/7/365 so there's no legal reason for a bar to be closed. Many close "when the last customer leaves," etc and reopen at 2pm or so. Some never close. As for restaurants, many do close on either Sunday and/or Monday but there are always good choices available.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

Vast majority of restaurants are open on Sunday and serving drinks as usual. There are some popular Uptown restaurants closed on Sunday but it is business as usual in the French Quarter.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

There are several searchable databases of NOLA restaurants, below is one. Alcohol is always available in NOLA. Always. There are quite a few dining choices available on Sunday evenings. Let us know what kind of cuisine interests you, the price you want to pay, what part of town and we can help you more specifically.

www.nomenu.com/joomla1/index.php…

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

Dear All,

Thank you for your very helpful replies. I've had a look at the resataurants and links you've provided. I suppose we'd like to eat something regional which is typical of New Orleans/Louisiana. I suppose pricewise we'd be looking at no more than about $20- $30 for a main course. We'll probably be staying at Drury's so somewhere near there would be good. It doesn't have to be 'posh' just nice food and good service.

Once again, diolch yn fawr (thank you very much)

KB

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

I think you would enjoy Luke which is a block or two from the Drury. It's in the Hilton on St. Charles. Lil Dizzy's in the Wyndham Whitney on Poydras is fun too. Enjoy your visit.

Luke Restaurant @ 333 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA. 504 - 378 - 2840.

http://www.lukeneworleans.com/

Lil Dizzy's @ 610 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 504 - 212 - 5656.

www.southerngumbotrail.com/baquet.shtml

8. Re: Restaurants on a Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:40