We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
391 posts
316 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

I finally found a good restaurant that was romantic (piano bar) historic and close to where we are staying (Le Rechelieu). Feelings Cafe on Chartres St

It's boyfriends surprise birthday present, he has always wanted to go to New Orleans and so....we are going 3/12-3/15 all expenses are on me, so when I got done with the flights, hotel, tours....only thing left is the actual birthday dinner. YIKES...prices are high, although Feelings looked perfect, entres not over $28 app $7 a decent bottle of red wine $25 desert nothing over $7. add gratuity and I could manage that....THEY DON'T OPEN ON WED.!!!! which is the big birthday night.....what to do now? any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Feelings Cafe
Feelings Cafe
131 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Magic Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Flambeaux Bicycle Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

few suggestions....Irene's, Muriels, Mr B's.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

Are you tied to being near your hotel?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

Adolpho's, Italian Barrel, Original French Market Restaurant, Bayona, Maspero's or Gumbo Shop.

Mentioned in this post
The Italian Barrel
The Italian Barrel
516 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Gumbo Shop
Gumbo Shop
3,730 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

I've heard many good things about Orleans Grapevine and Wine Bistro. I think we are going to check it out next week, but it looks and sounds like it would suit your needs!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

Muriels would be nice. Have drinks on the balcony and then dinner.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

definitely Irene's!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

Another vote for Irene's. Great food!

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

Even though I've never been there, Muriel's has my vote for the place I would want to go in your circumstances. I would love to be sitting on their balcony, having a drink, after a wonderful dinner,,,,,,,,,,

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

boo...here's a link to some pics from Irene's (pics 26-32 are the restaurant and food) I love Muriel's, but Irene's is much more intimate and romantic. You could always eat there and stroll down Chartres to Muriel's for an after dinner drink on the balcony (if you can possibly hold any more food or liquid at that point! LOL!) You'll need to copy/paste to your browser:

http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z411/flokintour/?action=view&current=IMG_1669.jpg#!oZZ26QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1188.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz411%2Fflokintour%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_1669.jpg

Edited: 07 March 2012, 12:39
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner restaurant that wont break the bank for B-day

I agree....Muriel's or Irene's.....in that order....going to Muriel's tomorrow! It's hard to go wrong in New Orleans. Mr. B's is also good. My first choice is always Galatoires in the Quarter. They all have websites so you can look up the menu and prices.

Have fun!