We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for a 7 day road trip out of New orleans

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions for a 7 day road trip out of New orleans

We would like to do a road trip preceding our week stay in NOLA.

We were thinking of staying a couple of nights in St Francisville and to Memphis via Natchez. we would like to experience cajun/creole food, music, culture. We're keen on all music and am told that Clarksdale is a must for the blues, my wife would like to see some of the grand old plantation houses/architecture. Not locked into anything and love to experience how people live..non touristy stuff... be really grateful for all suggestions, thanks a lot.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for a 7 day road trip out of New orleans

Natchez is a beautiful town with many plantations, and you can stay overnight in one if you choose. Clarksdale is interesting and you can stay overnight in an authentic sharecropper shack at the Shack Up Inn. I have only visited Memphis briefly on my way to New Orleans, but it seems as if it would be able to entertain you for a couple of days. I'm not familiar with St. Francisville, is that where the Myrtles is? If so, it is a very small town and I don't think you would want to spend more than one night/day here. Hopefully axle will be able to give you information!!

moss point
Level Contributor
191 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for a 7 day road trip out of New orleans

if you are in the gulfport area a day trip to Ship Island is nice. they have a web site.

Mobile is 2 hours away- has the battleship and a fort, parts and squares- good seafood.

you will experience cajun food in and around new orleans. Note the traffic is awful.

If you like the beach- biloxi is pretty, but the water is prettier in Gulf Shores alabama.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,145 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for a 7 day road trip out of New orleans

look at the date of the original post.

4. Re: suggestions for a 7 day road trip out of New orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 06:17