We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Preservation Hall VIP tickets

Huntingdon Valley...
Level Contributor
149 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Preservation Hall VIP tickets

Myself and daughter are going to NOLA in 2 weeks for 3 nights from a Tues to Fri. Starting to plan dinners and events. Thinking about the VIP tickets to Preservation Hall. Don't know if I am up to standing for 45 minutes for a performance.

My question is, if the place is crowded during the week? And should we buy tickets for the earliest show? Once the first show is done will we be able to move on the benches if space is available? Is it one admission for all the sets. I realize we would need to give up the VIP seating though after the one set.

Also trying to make dinner reservations that night. Seems alot of the restaurants close at 10:00. Thinking about Louisiana Bistro. What time reservation would be good to make sure we were at the hall by 7:45? So much to do in so little time... Thanks!

QOE
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

Preservation Hall can be very crowded on a weeknight, depending on who is playing. I am a fan of the VIP tickets primarily because you don't have to rush over to stand in line for the show (at least an hour before) and they give you a bottle of water which is very nice.

When we were there last we were seated right on the stage in some old church pews so we had the added comfort of a seat back rather than just a bench. I would pay the extra again. And the ticket price is for one set only.

As I understand it, if you go to the first set they clear the room at the end and MAY invite you to come back for the last set depending on how many people are in line. I remember fondly back in the day when you could buy a ticket and stay all night and while I miss it, I'm glad they are so popular that they've had to limit attendance.

All that being said, if you're going to buy VIP tickets you might consider going for the second set (you won't have to wait in line for an hour!). You can have a more leisurely dinner and you might get to hang around for the third set.

Any way you decide to do it, I hope you get to experience Preservation Hall. I think it is one of the best things in New Orleans!

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

Interested in best vip tickets for april 22nd or 23rd

Maui
Level Contributor
394 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

Are you talking about April 22 - 25th? Jazzfest starts on that Friday the 25th and a lot of people are heading in to town starting that Wednesday and Thursday- so getting tickets in the early part of the week would be your best bet. There is a special show on Friday night at Midnight- where they play with special guests who are in town for Fest - and all through the next week. PH is a popular stop for Jazzfest attendees - especially if word gets out on some special showing up for the sit-in.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 17:22
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

I am interested in reserved vip tickets for either april 22nd or 23rd. please advise

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

When we were in New Orleans in March, it was crowded at Preservation Hall even during the week. The first night we stood in a long line to get in and an employee came down the line and told us we wouldn't be getting in for that particular set. We'd already been waiting 20 minutes and that would have meant waiting another hour in line for the next set. So we left and decided to go back Monday, thinking no one would be there on a weeknight. Wrong! The line was just as long on the Monday night and again on Tuesday night.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

how much are the VIP tickets?

East Coast
Level Contributor
296 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

The VIP tickets are $30 per person.

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

Please give me the time that tickets are available for April 22nd or the 23rd. I would like to buy seven tickets for my friends coming from Portugal to visit New Orleans

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

For ticket availability go to:

http://www.ticketfly.com/search/?q=preservation+hall

Edited: 13 April 2013, 18:50
10. Re: Preservation Hall VIP tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:18