We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOLA in NY Magazine

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
NOLA in NY Magazine

an article in the current NY magazine:

nymag.com/travel/features/new-orleans-2012-4/

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
718 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
950 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
131 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
456 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOLA in NY Magazine

Highway, that's a great article. The "What to do" section was particularly interesting to me. What kind of rock was I living under that I never heard of Dithyrambalina before??? I've just checked the website for this installation, what a wonderful idea!

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NOLA in NY Magazine

I've never heard of it either rodent-but it looks interesting. I may have to ck it out while I'm there next week for FQF.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NOLA in NY Magazine

Poole, it won't be re-opened next week yet. Here's the info I found:

"The Music Box’s free public opening hours will resume on Fridays and Saturdays from April 20th – June 2nd. A final performance by Quintron and the Music Box Orchestra will take place in June. This Spring awakening of The Music Box will be the last chance to visit and hear the ground-breaking installation before it is dismantled in June. This project is being led by New Orleans Airlift and the influential street artist Swoon who is known for her community-driven collaborative endeavors"

I really wish I could be there for that Quintron performance in June, but since I won't, a visit in May is already in the plans. :)

Here's a little film about the history of the project:

http://www.dithyrambalina.com/history/

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NOLA in NY Magazine

I may have to walk by there this weekend ...if only to snap a couple of pictures!

5. Re: NOLA in NY Magazine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:42