We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For anyone in or going to Nola......

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
For anyone in or going to Nola......

This has been all over the news and you may want to go and check it out!

usatoday.com/news/…1

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

lol

NJ
Level Contributor
709 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

Yeah.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

I kinda find it a tad bit hard to believe that it's never been noticed before, but who knows I guess. I'm not saying that I would like to see it, but I don't see anything funny about the post or suggestion for others. There are millions upon millions of people who may find this sort of thing interesting. All I know is that I cannot turn on the news here in Houston without some reporter on yet another channel doing a remote story from New Orleans about this. I guess if that's funny to people so be it! I mean people have traveled to see a grilled cheese sandwich with the image of Jesus on it and have paid thousands for a 20 yr old McDonalds nugget that supposedly looked like George Washington so I don't think it's crazy to think that some people may be interested in snapping a few pictures of this "shadow"! There are people on here all the time looking for new or different Off the beaten track stuff that doesn't include drinking and strip clubs.... When I started hearing these stories I thought it may be a good idea to bring it to the forum for others to at least know about!...... I will be spending my days at Lafittes drinking hurricanes and watching the sunset, but others may enjoy this!!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
415 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

I think it's cool that you put it out here. I have not heard the news stories.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

Rodent-this is across the street from Villa Convento, I'll ck it out this weekend while I'm there.

Jarrow, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

Not really my thing but I respect those who find peace and faith in whatever they choose.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

It is not "across the street from the Villa Convento". That is the historical Ursuline Convent. This is the chapel at the Ursuline Academy, which is a private Catholic school for girls. It is nowhere near the French Quarter.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

Okay, I'm not going to make fun of anyone's faith either, but this part of the story is still laugh-out-loud funny: In 1999, hundreds of Catholics in nearby LaPlace, La., believed a Communion wafer had visibly transformed into the flesh and blood of Christ until the Archdiocese of New Orleans determined it was mold.

Oh really? *L*

NJ
Level Contributor
709 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

lynchtlcl , I don't think anyone is upset about you putting this on the forum. But yes, the article IS funny. I mean the article goes on to say:

--- WHATSUP BEAT ME TO IT-----

"In 1999, hundreds of Catholics in nearby LaPlace, La., believed a Communion wafer had visibly transformed into the flesh and blood of Christ until the Archdiocese of New Orleans determined it was mold."

If someone wants to go see this - more power to them. As long as they are not being charged for it, otherwise I strongly advise people to skip this "attraction"

Edited: 10 April 2012, 22:07
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For anyone in or going to Nola......

I read it on NOLA.com. We catholics love our signs, that's for sure. If it gets people through the day and feeling happy and/or content, more power to them. I sometimes envy that kind of devotion, but I'm too synical. :)