We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm a happy chappie

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jarrow, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
I'm a happy chappie

I emailed the Hotel St Marie this afternoon requesting a larger balcony with a table and chairs, they just emailed back confirming it was booked for me.

I just love American hospitality!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm a happy chappie

We aim to please!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm a happy chappie

The bigger the balcony the more drinks you can have. Have a great trip.

Jarrow, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm a happy chappie

Well, if you can't have plenty of drinks on your balcony in NO on your fortieth birthday, when can you?? Hurricanes all round, I'm buying!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm a happy chappie

I am at the Hotel St Marie as we "speak". The streetside balconies are the ones that seem to have the chairs and small tables. From what I can see, most of the courtyard balconies are somewhat small and have no chairs. So you might have to specifically request a larger balcony if your room is over the courtyard.

Jarrow, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm a happy chappie

Thanks for the heads up, it is a courtyard balcony we have booked and paid for, I did specifically request a larger courtyard one and they told me it was reserved for me.

How is the hotel looking? There have been one or two reviews saying it was looking a little tired and run down.......I guess that'll be how I'll feel after a few nights out in NO!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm a happy chappie

When we were there at the end of March, we noticed that there are some larger balconies on the courtyard side with tables and chairs. Enjoy your visit!

Karen

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm a happy chappie

As far as I am concerned, the hotel is looking fine. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but you're not paying Ritz Carlton prices. We are not real picky people, but we couldn't be more pleased. Front desk is very attentive. Hallways are well kept. Great restaurant on the premises if you want it. The only thing that I noticed was that the carpet seemed somewhat dirty in our room, but lots of people walk on the carpets at EVERY hotel.

8. Re: I'm a happy chappie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:41