We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 4 Trip Report

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Day 4 Trip Report

Last morning in the FQ, so I sat on the balcony of the Hotel St Marie listening to the sounds (cacaphony?) of the city. We shared a breakfast sandwich from the deli since we are still stuffed from the great meal last nite.

Friend picked us up around 11:00 and we stopped by a great little aquatics store and browsed on our way to Willie Mae's for lunch. Arrived there around 11:40 and were seated around noon. We shared two three-piece chicken dinners. Some have said that Willie Mae's chicken is not that special, but myself and the mix of locals and tourists who packed the place would disagree! It may not be the best fried chicken I have ever had, but it is easily among the top two! It is definitely worth getting out of the Quarter one day!

Then our friend took us on a tour of the still-recovering 9th Ward and the interesting Brad Pitt-sponsored houses there. Then a driving tour of the Lakeview area which was also devastated by a levee break but which has recovered more quickly.

We finished the day at our friends house where he bought a bag of freshly-boiled crawfish for us to eat along with some corn and spicy baked potatoes. Yummo!

All in all a very pleasant day.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 4 Trip Report

I wish we had enough time to add Willie Mae's to our list of fried chicken places. Sounds delicious to me. Glad you got to enjoy your balcony too. I think having a balcony makes every room more special! Thanks for the reports!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 4 Trip Report

Sounds like you had a great trip. Txs for sharing.

3. Re: Day 4 Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:17