We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 3

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 3

April 14, 2012

Walked around Royal Street and one block on Bourbon this morning, the streets are crowded because of the French Quarter Fest. I really like the energy even though I don’t tolerate crowds very well.

Hubby’s back is feeling better, so we grabbed our chairs and walked a couple of blocks to the stage at the Supreme Court building and sat down. Hubby grabbed a couple of Albita’s from a vendor, they were cold but not ice cold, they had neglected to give him any ice. I normally don’t drink beer, but I can see why so many people like them. At home when there are festivals we have to go to a “Beer Garden” to drink, here in the Big Easy you just open your chairs and sit in the street. WOW

It is a nice sunny day with a great breeze, I am fair skinned and didn’t put on any sun screen, It wasn’t more than an hour that I was having to seek some shade. Moved down under a magnolia tree and enjoyed the next band.

We ended up having lunch at Royal House Oyster Bar, I tried Chargrilled Oysters for the first time and they were yummy!!! I have always liked oysters; I now have a new way to enjoy them.

Hubby got a little tired so we are back at the room. I am so glad he ventured out.

We left the room and had a Ramos Gin Fizz at Desire. We tried to get in the Carousel Bar but it was way too crowded. The streets are crazy outside our hotel there is a band; trumpet, tuba and drum and someone dressed up in the Indian Mardi Gras costume.

We could see the fireworks from our hotel window. They were excellent.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,443 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 3

Glad you were able to enjoy some of FQF. It's such a great event.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 3

Good to hear that your husbands back is slowly getting better and you got to enjoy some of the French Quarter Fest too! The weather has been absolutely beautiful for y'all too and that's great! It is crowded for sure after checking the various cams! Have fun!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
388 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 3

Thank you for the ongoing TR. 4 days and counting until my turn and the reports are keeping me going! I'm so glad to hear your husband's back is starting to feel better and glad you are still enjoying your trip!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 3

yes, I'm very glad to hear DH is feeling better...large quantities of Advil and booze help! Perfect weather, good music, good food...it's hard to ask for much more!

5. Re: Trip Report Day 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:16