We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clover grill??

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Clover grill??

Is this an OK place to take teens for a late lunch/ early dinner? Heading to NOLA in July and wanting some different places to eat that aren't too expensive... and very casual. Went to Daisy Dukes last year, think we'll go back there again this time! Thanks for any suggestions!!

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clover grill??

Yes, but keep an open mind. Always liked CG, but we had some rather surly service in there last visit.

Where are you staying? Posters on this site will be very helpful to recommend some nearby suggestions.

Edited: 21 April 2012, 18:24
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,520 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clover grill??

We took our teen granddaughters there and they loved it!

Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clover grill??

We're staying in MS for 11 days and driving to NOLA a few days during our stay. We travel with our pets and do way better in a big house with a big yard and a big pool :) I've never liked staying in hotels or condos... need some privacy! So, we're willing to go anywhere in the NOLA area. Main thing is places we can pop into just how we are after sight seeing... and not too expensive.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clover grill??

Clover Grill is fun, charming and the food is great. Take your tikes, teens or toddlers and have a great time.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clover grill??

Not a fan. The food is OK but nothing more than that. We have had service that was also OK, (one time surly), but usually just indifferent. Never found it remotely "fun" also don't think it is all that cheap.

In a town of great food in all price ranges, I do not get CG.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clover grill??

Not a fan. The food is OK but nothing more than that. We have had service that was also OK, (one time surly), but usually just indifferent. Never found it remotely "fun" also don't think it is all that cheap.

In a town of great food in all price ranges, I do not get CG.

Fairfield Ohio
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clover grill??

That's funny you say that KCK. I always hear people saying you have to go to Cafe du Monde but we've been 3 times and it has always sucked. We don't care for the beignets and the staff always look miserable there when we've been. I'm always shocked that anyone recommends the place, but I think my family is the only one that don't like it!! That's a place I don't get at all.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clover grill??

no, cheltie...I've read other reviews that "don't get it" either. I like Cafe du Monde personally...but maybe it's more the history of the place than anything else?

I'm with KCK on Clover Grill, however.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clover grill??

I find Clover Grill mostly hit and miss. I don't think it's that cheap either. First time we had great service, the second time no one even thought we were there--so we left after 10 minutes of being ignored.

Cafe Du Monde...the service there is hit and miss too. If I didn't love the au lait and begneits so much....The staff is different. Some good and some so s-l-o-w it's not even funny.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clover grill??

I am also not a Cafe Du Monde fan. Don't get that either.