We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battle of the Bands

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Battle of the Bands

Here is a link to info on a "Battle of the Bands" event to be held at Tipitinas on Friday, May 11th. This is a benefit show for the "Tipitina's Foundation & The Roots of Music" Tickets are $20. Looks like a could be a fun night and there will a lot of Flokers in town.

www.tipitinas.com/show.asp?id=201205110

Edited: 27 April 2012, 14:50
Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Battle of the Bands

Wow, looks like a great show. I wonder if it will sell out in advance. I would LOVE to go but am hesitant to but tickets in advance because there is so much going on early in the FQ that day. I would probably need a "disco nap" to really be up for a long show Uptown that evening.

Are any other Flokkers planning to go?...that could help me decide.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Battle of the Bands

I'm like you KCK, hesitant to buy tickets in advance but would like to go. But, you know how it is in New Orleans. You have great plans but they often get changed.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Battle of the Bands

I agree, I don't think I'd want to buy tickets to a show ahead of time, especially during this particular trip. There's just so much going on already, and after spending the afternoon drinking many many hurricanes, and that's after polishing off that magnum, who knows what condition we'll be in.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Battle of the Bands

Condition will prolly be "poor to worse" porelly!...the next day, you'll say: "did I see a show last night"??? LOL!

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Battle of the Bands

You guys should go...Galactic is awesome!

6. Re: Battle of the Bands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:43