We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

My fiance and I live just outside New Orleans and are planning a short local honeymoon. We are trying to decide between the Omni Royal Orleans and the Hotel Monteleon. Which would be a better honeymoon location? And does anyone know if either does free upgrades or anything for honeymoons?

Mentioned in this post
Omni Royal Orleans
Omni Royal Orleans
5,170 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

They are both wonderful old New Orleans hotels. The OMNI has a fantastic rooftop pool with observation tower where you can see the entire Quarter, river, CBD, etc. There is a snack bar/bar up there as well. They also have an elegant Lobby bar area with Touche, a more local bar located next door. The restaurant is very nice with excellent food. The Monteleone has a nice pool area and the Carousel Bar..You might call the 800 numbers and ask about honeymoon upgrades/freebies... If it were me, I would go for whichever has the best price or the best honeymoon special.

Mentioned in this post
Carousel Bar
Carousel Bar
1,679 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

I second SKT. Both hotels are outstanding. You might also consider Royal Sonesta which is highly rated also. I would most likely choose Royal Orleans.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

Esmith--From what I have heard about both hotels just from reading the comments on this forum (because I have not stayed at either hotel personally) I don't think you could go wrong with either one. They both seem like GREAT hotels!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

I think you have picked the two best hotels in the city for a memorable honeymoon. They both have great staffs who will treat you great. The O has a cooler roof/pool but the M has a little more updated baths and a recently remodeled bar area. See if you can get a decent price on a suite. Some weeks they are actually surprisingly affordable, other weeks out of reach. Avoid the most basic rooms at either if you can as they can get tight. Join the Omni Select program for some pretty good perks.

J H
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
194 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

My personal preferance is the Monteleone. It depends on your taste. The Monteleone is an old style high rise hotel from the old days, like the Waldorf in New York but with NOLA uniqueness.

The Royal Orleans is more of a New Orleans spread out court yard hotel.

Both are nice, you also might consider the Royal Sonesta or the Dauphine Orleans

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
6. Re: Royal Orleans or Hotel Monteleon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:17