We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are your favorite family restaurants?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
Level Contributor
479 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
What are your favorite family restaurants?

Looking for some good southern food for our trip in July - very keen to try gumbo, jambalaya, fried chicken, catfish, po boys etc Kids are 15, 12 and 8 but the 8 year old is fussy so will need to have some staples such as chicken tenders and fries for her!

AR
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are your favorite family restaurants?

Gumbo Shop

Johnny's PoBoys

Cafe Maspero

Fiorella's

The Praline Connection

Verti Mart

Pierre Maspero's

Cafe Amelie

Muriel's

K-Paul's

You cannot take them into any place that has gaming machines.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are your favorite family restaurants?

If you go to the WW2 Museum try the American Sector, the museum restaurant run by famous NOLA chef John Besh. It's kind of like Top Chef for kids. Adults like it too! Dogs and sliders and tenders all fixed like you may have not seen before. Not McDonalds prices but not bad, and way less costly than other star chef establishments.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are your favorite family restaurants?

Cafe Du Monde

Camellia Grill

Nola (yes they will do chicken tenders)

Deanie's

Acme

Felix's

Parkway (for po boys) or Johnny's if you want to stay in the French Quarter

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are your favorite family restaurants?

Here's a link to the best fried chicken in town. Good southern food.

FRIED CHICKEN………..

www.nomenu.com/joomla1/index.php…

San Antonio
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are your favorite family restaurants?

My kids will tell you that their unanimous favorite was Acme (at ages 12, 10, and 8- the latter being very fussy). They also loved johnny's and Mandina's. For breakfast, Coffe Pot, Camelia Grill and Cafe du Monde.

My 8 year old ate red beans and rice at most meals, choosing it over her typical chicken tenders.

NZ
Level Contributor
479 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are your favorite family restaurants?

Oh wow - the American Sector looks fabulous. My kids will love that, especially the soda shop (and husband is a ww2 buff so he can visit the museum while we're there!). Thanks for all those suggestions, I have a lot of them on my list so it's reassuring to know I'm headed in the right direction, but now have some extras I can add.

pinktink, my miss 8 does like beans, and rice, so I'm hoping she'll give the red beans a try. Thanks for that.

7. Re: What are your favorite family restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:41