We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parc St. Charles Hotel

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Parc St. Charles Hotel

Hi. I recently changed my plane reservation to Nola . We will be arriving a day earlier at around 11 pm. I didn't want to miss Rockin Dopsie at the Oyster festival! I am booked at the Omni Royal for a week, but, it is too expensive now, due to rate changes. I found a rate of $109 for a king at the Hyatt Regency and $87.50 per night at the Parc St. Charles.Which hotel is a better choice for one night? Thank you in advance.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

Hyatt Regency was recently remodeled. It's a grand hotel. I don't think you will go wrong staying there.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

Did the Omni quote you one price and now is increasing that price? If so, you should be able to discuss that with the manager or the loyalty staff on site. I'm not surprised that they are higher than some others but wouldn't think they would quote and change.

New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

I booked rooms at the Omni for $139 plus tax. The price now is $270. I called and asked the desk about getting the same low price. They said that they couldn't do it. I think that I will call the manager today to see if he could give me the lower price. I didn't even think about calling the manager.

Maryland
Level Contributor
699 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

I don't understand how if you already booked your room at one price they can now raise that price?? Tell me what I'm missing?

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

If I am reading the poster correctly, he wants to come in a day earlier than his reservations (add a day to his original reservations) and the OMNI rate is higher for that night. They are honoring his week reservation price, but he would have to pay more for the night he wants to add.

Maryland
Level Contributor
699 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't read the OP's post correctly.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
418 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

Park St Charles is a nice hotel with good location, close to Canal St, just off Lafayette Square. I think I'd take it for that big a rate increase on the additional night. It's also right on the streetcar line. In fact, I might even stay the whole week, rather than bother moving around-- sort of a hassle, and you'll probably be ticked off at the Omni, so why carry that angst around with you when you're supposed to be relaxing on vacation?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,727 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

Why would they be ticked off at the Omni? Hotels are about supply and demand. Add a night at the beginning or the end of your trip and if it's a slow night they will give you the same rate as your other nights...if it isn't, then they charge the market rate.

I can't see where Omni did anything "wrong" here at all. I think from some misinterpretation by some people it just appears that they did.

Edit: And Zyla, for the amount of time you're spending in the hotel for one night I would just take the cheaper option. Let's face it, you're going to arrive at the hotel very late, maybe go out, maybe just hit the hay...and either way you're moving on the next morning. Stay at the Parc St. Charles.

Edited: 14 May 2012, 18:18
New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

Thanks everyone. I will stay at the Parc. i realize that the Omni is not at fault.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parc St. Charles Hotel

I'd still shoot a cordial email to the loyalty staff at the Omni Royal Orleans. Mention that the Tripadvisor Forum suggested you make an effort to discuss the matter with them. Let her know that you are an Omni Select Member if you are. Here is the staffer who is handling my reservation for this week: trwilson@omnihotels.com