We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the hours of operation for the airport shuttle bus for the Crowne Plaza hotel? I understand it starts at 4am, but I've not been able to find any reference that says when it stops running.

Our flight from SFO doesn't get into MSY until after midnight, I'd hate to find us hanging about for a shuttle that's stopped running for the night. Far better to know in advance that we need to take a taxi.

Thanks for your help.

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
717 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
949 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
129 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
455 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

Aussie--If it were me I'd just jump the taxi. For two people it's $33.00, not including tip. $14.00 per person (not including tip) for three people or more! The cab is the fastest and best way to get in to the Quarter. Have fun!

AR
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

Go to airportshuttleneworleans.com and look under FAQ's...3:30 a.m. until 2:30 a.m. However, if there are just two of you, the cab is cheaper and usually quicker. An airport shuttle is $38 roundtrip per person plus tip ($76 plus tip roundtrip) and the cab is $33 for two plus tip each way($66 plus tip, roundtrip) each way.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,121 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

Folks, she is asking about a shuttle to the Crowne Plaza hotel at the airport. Not the Crowne Plaza on Canal Street in New Orleans.

"AussieGirl", I would email the hotel and ask:

From the hotel website:

princess.porter@ihrco.com<princess.porter@ihrco.com>;

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

Thanks everyone, I am talking about the airport Crowne Plaza. I'll contact them directly and report back (in case anyone else needs to know another time).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

A cab will be negligible, costwise, and the hotel may even reimburse you if you're arriving at a time when their shuttle doesn't run. I've had this happen a couple of times in California.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

For future reference for anyone else, the Crowne Plaza (Airport) shuttle bus runs from 4am to midnight.

The Hilton New Orleans (Airport) shuttle runs 24 hours but is on demand, so you call them from the baggage claim area (although on Google Maps the Hilton looks close enough to walk).

7. Re: Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport - shuttle bus question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:17