We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight cancelled

scotland
Level Contributor
54 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
flight cancelled

Hi all, we were supposed to arrive in new orleans last night however united cancelled the flight. Does this happen often? We are rebooked to fly tonight hopefully. Not a good start :(

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight cancelled

You poor thing!!!!! Hopefully everything will go better for you today!!!!!! Keep us posted!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight cancelled

thats a shame,and every vacationers nightmare.

honestly I dont know if it happens that often,guess it happens more at some airports than others.

any reason given for cancelling it?

scotland
Level Contributor
54 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight cancelled

No reason was given even though I asked. Just gotta shrug of the shoulders. On a positive note we are in new York so we will have a day exploring and hopefully be in new Orleans late tonight, fingers crossed.

scotland
Level Contributor
54 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight cancelled

No reason was given even though I asked. Just gotta shrug of the shoulders. On a positive note we are in new York so we will have a day exploring and hopefully be in new Orleans late tonight, fingers crossed.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight cancelled

Check to see if the airline compensates you for the cancelled flight .

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight cancelled

well atleast you have a nice place to sightsee. nyc is great,really miss living so close to it.

we fly us air, and they over book those flights so so far...well i better not say it and jinx myself, the closest ive come has been a several hour delay.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,643 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight cancelled

"No reason was given even though I asked. Just gotta shrug of the shoulders. "

If you're curious enough, there are web sites that would have tracked the flight and it's easy enough to find out the reason for the cancellation. If you're interested stil, give us the the flights number and I'll see what I can find.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight cancelled

Have fun in NYC. It's a great city but nothing like NOLA. Good luck and enjoy your visit.

scotland
Level Contributor
54 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight cancelled

Ua808.thanks

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: flight cancelled

It's quite common. More than likely you wouldn't get compensation since they have re-protected you another flight. Enjoy New York! :)