We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

I mean naturally I have checked the forcast and I dont see anything major other than the heat.

but saw there was a fllod warning at high tide for saturday,also kep hearing about a tropical system nearby?

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

i know this questin is just plain silly,guess im just looking ahghead to our arrival on saturday.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

I'm on my way there right now and Ive been a bit confused with the flood warning too! It seems like they are just worried about flooding when the high winds push the tide in further than normal. I'm confused as to where this tidal water is coming from in New Otleans though! I'm not worried!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

I always check this site A1! It is hard sometimes to predict Nola's weather though!

timeanddate.com/weather/usa/new-orleans/ext

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

The level of Lake Pontchartrain is influenced by the tides and other sea level influences.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

interesting site.

i just done play nice in the heat haha.

i always look far worse than i may feel.

will never forget the time years ago when our kids were little,went to disney.

was feeling perfectly fine, but must have looked like death because someone from the staff there approached me to ask ifi was ok, i must have looked like i was about to have a stroke or something.

no worries, i will survive haha,

but yes, I guess the flood conversation had me wondering if it will affect my ride in from the airport,apparently it wont.

just didnt want to be suprised at some tropical system coming in fast and affecting my flight hom e on tuesday either.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

There is a broad area of low pressure near the Yucatan Peninsula and the NWS is warning Gulf Coast residents to keep a sharp lookout for stoms soon if it continues to develop.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

yeah, thast the sort of thing im talking about axle

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

I've been keeping an eye on that little disturbance! since I l

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

I've been keeping an eye on that little disturbance! Since I live in Houston I've got just as much of a chance of it affecting me at home as in Nola so I guess I'll take my chances:) as long as it clears out of the Yucatan by next Thursday when I fly to Cancun I'll be happy! As of now the weather doesn't look promising in Riviera Maya and we are only goIng for 4 nights so I hope it clears out soon and that I didn't pay for a total rain out!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any unexpected weather suprises this coming weekend?

I've been keeping an eye on that little disturbance! Since I live in Houston I've got just as much of a chance of it affecting me at home as in Nola so I guess I'll take my chances:) as long as it clears out of the Yucatan by next Thursday when I fly to Cancun I'll be happy! As of now the weather doesn't look promising in Riviera Maya and we are only goIng for 4 nights so I hope it clears out soon and that I didn't pay for a total rain out!