We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day 4 - live tr

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
day 4 - live tr

Good morning everyone! Just sitting here in the PDA's courtyard waking up a bit and waiting for mom to finish getting ready. Heading to Johnny's or Croissant d'or for breakfast..whichever sounds good to mom and dad since they haven't been to either. Today's plans include mimosas and bloody Mary's at Erin Rose, exploring the french market, grabbing some souvenirs, drinks at Cosimo's (Lilidalla was sooo very sweet to send us her unused coupon AND included tip money-she is so generous!!), and a 7:30 reservation at Muriel's. May also stop in the Carousel Bar. This is our last full day, so it's a very free day. We'll be see where the wind blows us!

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
623 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day 4 - live tr

Sounds like a great day ahead-enjoy!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day 4 - live tr

Cosimo's was one of the nicest, most fun bars we went to on our last trip to Nola! I highly recommend that place! Full of character and locals. The bartender (Jolie???) was an absolute doll! It's a bit off the beaten path but well worth the trip over to Cosimo's!

Have a great time running around and going every where! Nice way to spend the day in Nola for sure!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day 4 - live tr

Last full day! Oooooh nooooo! Pack it full of everything! So where did Mom and Dad choose to go for breakfast? We (me, Den and INa1a) LOVED Cosimo's! What a fun place! The bartender is Jean (pronounced "Zhan"..or something spelled like that! Same as Jean Claude Van Damme (or however you spell that as well! LOL!) She is AMAZING! Ah, Muriels....Would LOVE to have reservations there tonight, but it looks like I'll be BBQing burgers on the grill...sigh...HAVE FUN!!!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day 4 - live tr

Lena Prima (Louis Prima's daughter) and band are playing at the Carousel Bar from 9 'till 1 tonight. Haven't heard them yet, but would love someone to check it out for me.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: day 4 - live tr

So we decided on Johnny's for breakfast...3 biscuit egg sandwiches, shrimp and grits, and hashbrowns were all had and enjoyed. Then, we headed to Jackson Square to pick up a carriage ride. We had John as our guide and Shine as our mule...we toured the lower Quarter and the Treme. A very relaxing 30 minutes overall and enjoyed hearing some history of the city we hadn't heard before. Next, we headed to the French Market for some souvenirs. Hubby and I ran over ti EGN for some early margaritas to enjoy as we wandered the flea market area (not my thing!). After shopping, we headed on to wander through the quarter. We headed up Barracks, to Dauphine and then all the way over to Continue, soaking in the beautiful architecture, and tranquil morning I see the reside.goal section of the FQ. Now we are sitting enjoying drinks and cooling off at the Erin Rose (on Conti..one of our favorite stops our last trip).. Next up may be the Katrina Exhibit followed by Central Grocery so mom and dad can taste their muffeletta and compare to Napoleon's Italian style..

Edited: 22 June 2012, 18:10
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day 4 - live tr

What a nice morning so far! A wonderful stroll, good food, EGN margaritas...how can you beat that? You'll have to let us know what's up for the rest of the day. Vacation always goes so fast, doesn't it? As long as you're having a good time that's all that counts!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day 4 - live tr

Get 1/2 muff at Franks and 1/2 at Central...they are so close to each other and do a taste test

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day 4 - live tr

I second Cajunyank's suggestion; you could have your folks taste without knowing which was which.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: day 4 - live tr

GOOD suggestion Cajun! If you do that, CoB...let us know which one they like bestter!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: day 4 - live tr

Loop- well check Lena out and report back! A stop at the Carousel is always on the list! I'm thinking Mark penton at 4, Kermit at 7 and Lena at 9! Now a plan in Nola is just that, but it's doubtful that we'll actually make all 3!