We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Is Old Nawlins Cookery any good? It has a high rating in the restaurant section but I think a lot of the reviews are fake. The posters have no pic, only 1 review, and most mention a server named Brianna and talk about how she was "the best." That right there makes me really leery...

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Sounds like Brianna has a big family:)! I haven't been there but maybe I'll stop by by next week and get the real scoop.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

I may be wrong but I believe its run by Moe who is the manager of Oceana restaurant and if thats the case I would avoid at all costs.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Those go on for 9 PAGES, 9 pages of fake 5 star reviews. That makes me angry. Way past Brianna giving herself kudos is someone named Ashleigh, who posted about 25 times.

You can go if you want TakeMe2Nola, but I'm really frightened off now! It is completely apparent by the number of staff mentioned in the fake reviews that an owner or manager put them up to it.

But if you do go, ask for Brianna, "she's the best!" :)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

I just did a double check..it is affiliated with Oceana...see Gordon Ramsay kitchen nightmares for Oceana.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

I remember the Oceana episode! I've been avoiding it. I just went and checked their ratings, and low and behold, there are a bunch of fake ones on there too, most mentioning the server by name. Guess someone in management thought we're all stupid. Anyone who wants to help me flag them, feel free.

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Well, if it's owned by Moe that's enough for me. Not fond of eating in dirty places run by tyrants! (gee, that sounds like MY kitchen...). Of course, now I'm curious about this Brianna-does she have a halo?

Thanks for the heads up. It's too bad those phony reviews can't be removed.

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Yep sounds just like the fake reviews for Oceana for the last month or so. I seem to remember someone saying they offered a free drink for a good review or something like that.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
444 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Ive been reporting the fake Oceana reviews for the last ten minutes or so, I have to think that if enough of us report them something might be done.

Detroit, Michigan...
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Wow. Just read the reviews! Brianna must get the best tips lol she is outstanding :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
444 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Nawlins Cookery--fake reviews, but any good?

Gave up reporting the fake reviews after 15 pages of fakes. How depressing to know that some poor folks will be tricked by Moe, and come away with a tainted view of New Orleans. If only the TA admin. took the fraud problems more seriously.