We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
122 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

Just booked a weekend in July, how horrifyingly hot will it be?

I've done Florida in July, Charleston, lived in New Mexico ("it's a dry heat") and Williamsburg, VA....how does NOLA compare heat and humidity wise?

This week is even awful in St Louis, well over 100 and while not crazy humid, it's really hot!

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

I lived in Williamsburg for 2 years. Their summers are absolutely comparable to NOLA. One important difference: you can't find a bar with geaux cups anywhere in Williamsburg :)

You'll be fine!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

Ashley--After living in St Louis for MANY years...it couldn't be much worse in New Orleans than it is in St Louis. I wouldn't worry too much . Besides you always have places with freezing A/C that you can pop into for drinks or food!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

Plan most of your walking around and riding the streetcars for morning. Get a hotel with a pool to spend the afternoon, or find some activities with air conditioning, such as the WWII museum or the aquarium for afternoon.

It's hot.

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
310 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

My standard advice for summer trips is to bring a LOT of underwear. We take at least two showers a day. After our first trip when we were running very low, we started joking that a notice should pop up when when books a flight or hotel in the summer!

I'll also be there the last weekend in July if that is when you mean! :) Have fun!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

We will be there too the last weekend!!!! So excited! Ha will def bring extra undies :) we are also taking the advice of morning tours, afternoon pool time at our hotel then enjoying the night! I'm also carrying around a small umbrella for the sun and taking a fold up fan. I was just as worried as you for the heat but figured bars have A/C :)

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
310 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

Sounds like you have a good plan! :) We are going for Tales of the Cocktail so we'll be indoors a bit more but i'm definitely planning on hitting the pool in the afternoon.

You'll have a great time!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

I would say "horrifyingly" means you're setting yourself up to not have a good time if it's hot. It will be hot, no question, but you'll survive. Everyone does. :-) Do more outdoor things at night and more indoor (museums, aquarium, etc) things mid-day.

8. Re: End of July -- how horrifyingly hot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:48