We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay to visit Tulane and LSU?

Atlanta, Georgia...
1 post
Save Topic
Where should I stay to visit Tulane and LSU?

I'm driving in on a Monday, and leaving early Friday. We have Tues/Wed/Thurs to visit 2 campuses and spend a full day in New Orleans. Not sure if I should stay in NOLA all 4 nights. Budget is an issue, so if I can save some money by staying in Baton Rouge for a night I would do that. Not sure which days we'll be visting schools yet.

New Orleans Super Saver: City Tour...
382 reviews
from US$70.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans City Bus Tour
206 reviews
from US$33.61*
US$44.00
New Orleans Tour
5 reviews
from US$80.00*
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay to visit Tulane and LSU?

I would stay out on St. Charles near the Tulane campus. There's a Hampton and Best Western out there. You can take the street car downtown to the FQ for dinner or go to one of the fine restaurants Uptown. Clancy's is a great one. I would drive to BR for your visit there and stay that night then head back to NOLA.

There are some nice hotels at Exit 158 at College Drive.

Best Western Plus Richmond Inn and Suites @ 5668 Hilton, Baton Rouge, LA 225 – 924 – 6500.

…bestwestern.com/bestwestern/…

Hampton Inn @ 4646 Constitution Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 225 – 926 – 9990.

http://www.hamptoncollegedrive.com/

Double Tree By Hilton @ 4964 Constitution Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 800 – 652 – 7160.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

Holiday Inn @ 4848 Constitution Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 225 – 448 – 2030.

holidayinn.com/hotels/…hoteldetail

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay to visit Tulane and LSU?

Also directly across the street from Tulane is the Parkview Guest House. Its very reasonably priced & includes a full breakfast, right on the streetcar line; Audubon Park is right next door. Lots of little restaurants through the area and around the bend.

We've stayed there several times and have always been happy. The proprietors don't hover like a B&B.

www.parkviewguesthouse.com

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay to visit Tulane and LSU?

To get a really good feel for the LSU campus, it may be fun to stay at the Cook Hotel, the only hotel located directly on campus. Tiger Town is nearby with lots of restaurants..The Chimes, Serrano's (Mexican), Five Guys Hamburgers, Chipotle Grill, Louie's Diner and more.

New Orleans is an easy drive 1.5 hours away if you decide not to spend the night.

4. Re: Where should I stay to visit Tulane and LSU?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:17