We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help

Birmingham, AL
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel help

My husband and I are going to NOLA October 4-7 with his best friends and their wives (six of us total). It's their first time. I have been a lot so I've been put in charge of travel plans! Apparently October is an outrageously busy month there....

Can anyone suggest a good hotel/condo/B&B for about $200/couple/night. They want to stay in the quarter. I'm also open to Marigny....

I appreciate any help--I've been looking all day and everything I find is booked--I'm about to panic!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help

Yes, it's high season. A cursory search for reputable relatively well located properties within your budget came up with Best Western St. Christopher, a basic but nice somewhat "NewOrleanish" hotel across Canal St. from the French Quarter (less than 1 block from the French Quarter). Just a bit higher than your budget was Prince Conti Hotel, a well located basic but nice traditional French Quarter hotel. Somewhat under budget is French Market Inn, a wonderfully located French Quarter hotel affiliated with Prince Conti Hotel, presently under but towards the completion of renovation; read the RECENT reviews and see what you think.

My fallback when rates are high is La Quinta Inn on Camp St. It's the nicest of the many La Quintas in which I've stayed, in a high-rise in the Central Business District less than 3 short blocks from the French Quarter. If you have a Sam's membership there is an additional discount.

I have not checked it yet, but Hotel Villa Convento is a budget French Quarter favorite on this Forum; well located, very NewOrleanish, and just a bit funky in a fun way.

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help

You could always try Priceline for the French Quarter or CBD (there are really no major hotels in the Marigny). We are going Oct 4-9 but booked about a month ago through bookit.com.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
682 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help

Do you have a AAA membership? Iberville Suites has availability for $224 with AAA. Regular price was round $269. The suites are newly renovated, spacious, and beautiful.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help

I second Iberville Suites. It's a great small hotel inside the Ritz Carlton Hotel. You can't tell that you are not staying in the RC and you have full use of their spa and other amenities. Here's a link to NOLA B&B's. There are some nice places to stay in Marigny.

BED AND BREAKFAST………………

http://www.bbnola.com/

Iberville Suites Hotel @ 910 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 866 - 229 - 4351.

http://www.ibervillesuites.com/

Minnesota
Level Contributor
395 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help

Try the Hampton Inn French quarter. Across Canal St. Rooms showing well under 200.00

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,213 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help

You'll have to email for availability, but I love staying at the Biscuit Palace on Dumaine just off of Bourbon. I'ts a great area and an interesting place to stay. http://www.biscuitpalace.com/

Birmingham, AL
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel help

Thanks to all for your input! I finally booked us a place at Hotel Villa Convento! It looks very cool!

I've stayed at Olivier House many times and HVC looks very comparable--fingers crossed!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel help

HVC is very charming and is a favorite of several on this forum. Good choice and being across the street from Croissant D Orr makes it even better!

9. Re: Hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 10:16