We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming trip in 18 days...

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Upcoming trip in 18 days...

...why oh why did I book for just 4 full days?!?!??!? I want to be in NO as long as possible!!!

I looked at cutting a day or 2 off the Florida portion of my vacation (especially since the long range forcast has been showing rain for the past week, GRRRR), but United wants to charge me twice the price I paid for the FL to NO portion of the flight to change it. GRR.

I want music, and food, and hurricanes, and music, and drinks, and food, and more drinks......(and yes, I am having a bit of a tantrum right now).

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

Try calling back again - I have done that before and got some one on the line who can "fix" things better than the last person.

Hang in there - after all you will be in NOLA in 18 days!!!!!!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

I didn't call, I checked through my reservation. Might try that tommorow when I'm home. Even just an extra day would be good.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

I hear ya, porelly - it rankled me something terrible to pay the cost we did to extend our trip one measly day, but ya only go around once so.........

What we're going to do with Delta was to just buy a one way ticket for the extended day and will cancel the return flight we originally bought. That way we just ate about half our original purchase price and didn't have to pay the up charge of 150.00 each for changing a date.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

Woo Hooo!!!!! Have fun Porelly!!! Can't wait for the trip reports when you get back!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

Porelly--CALL the airlines and be sweet (like you are already) and they will do their best to help you. I am almost positive of that!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

LOSER!!! (LOL!) You of ALL people know better than to book only 4 days! If the airline won't "play nice", pack EVERYTHING in and make those 4 days count (but not so much that you lose a day to being hung over! :)

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

Call the airlines and tell them it's your anniversay or birthday. Beg them. Crying helps. Good luck. Have a great trip.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

LOL, axle! :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

That's too funny Axle! But I think crying only helps if you're talking to a guy. It never worked on me!

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upcoming trip in 18 days...

No, that kind of trick isn't good for trying to make an honest point or change and only makes women look weak and whiney. I wish I could say there's a way to make the change without paying out your wazoo, but unless you're on Southwest it just plain is expensive to switch flights. I hate it since all they have to do is punch a couple buttons, and especially since it's that far in advance and shouldn't be such a problem, but it is what it is.