We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no reply from hotel

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
no reply from hotel

Hi all, tried to contact Hotel Le Marais to book two rooms - could not do it on line as I wanted two different room types and close together so I posted on their website and havent had a response to two posts. I know they have been having trouble with the weather and was wondering if that was a reason for the lack of a response ?

Does anyone have any other suggestions of an equivalent hotel - we will be booking two rooms in February - a king and two queen beds in the other.

Appreciate any comments and thanks for your time.

Also any suggestions to keep a 21 and 19 year old amused while we are there ?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no reply from hotel

Weather may have a lot to do with it. You also never know when spam filters are actually blocking mails that should go through. It's an unfortunate reality these days.

I'd try one more time or give them a quick call. I know it's an international call for you but may be worth the expense.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
85 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no reply from hotel

I recently booked a two room suite at the Inn on St. Peter. It's been recently redone and is getting good reviews since the changes were complete.

I don't know if it's the same level as Le Marais, but since you mentioned wanting two rooms I thought this may be something worth checking out. The suite has one room with a king bed and the other room has two queens.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no reply from hotel

Alan--I would just call the hotel. I realize that it will be a long distance call, but it will be worth it for your peace of mind. Sometimes computers go in and out too and you can't help that. Our Provincial lost their computers during Isaac but got them back the next day. Maybe your hotel is still having a problem here and there and you can't help that. So my suggestion is to call them!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no reply from hotel

Deny I love how you call it "Our" provincial...lol.. you and Herm have made me feel really good about my choice for staying there in October. thank you.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 16:43
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no reply from hotel

Lola--We have been there so many times that it feel like OUR Provincial. We were greeted like family on our second stay (by the beautiful Sherlene at The Front Desk) and it's only gone up hill from there! What wonderful staff and wonderful people they are! Just amazing nice, sweet, helpful, and caring! I hope you love it there as much as we do...if you're friendly by nature you'll be just fine!

There is a new bar at The Provincial called The Ice House Bar! Really handy when you don't feel like running far to get a drink. Our bartender (named ATN) makes one heLLuva good hurricane too. I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get home! How much longer till you get down to Nola???? You're going for Halloween right?

Edited: 08 September 2012, 17:09
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: no reply from hotel

48 days! i feel like the count down is getting slower everyday, but august went by in a blink, so september probably will too. im so excited to go! i have to ask you (and any others who can answer this) have you ever bought something in nola and shipped it home to Canada? Just thought incase i fall in love with something that wont fit in my suitcase...lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: no reply from hotel

As long as you buy some bubble paper and wrapping tape (at Walgreens) and wrap the crap out of it you can send something home no problem Lola. We have done it and have sent other things to various locations too. There is a post office on the corner of St Phillip and Bourbon (about 2 1/2 blocks from the Provincial)--right across the street from Lafittes. You can also buy boxes at that post office too! Just in case you find something! : )

Edited: 08 September 2012, 21:08
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: no reply from hotel

Sweet! I had already mapped out that post office too. I've been Google street walking for months now. Lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,614 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: no reply from hotel

I LOVE to Google street walk New Orleans too! It is one of my favorite pass times!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: no reply from hotel

I realize we have now taken over this thread, but I have one more question about shipping. compairing the cost of shipping from nola to canada vs canada to , well anywhere really... from your experience am i going to pay out the nose to ship stuff home?