We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What a wonderful place!!!!

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
281 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What a wonderful place!!!!

well it is official I fell in love with NOLA!!!! I just loved everything whilst I was there and now I can understand the feelings of all the helpful posters here....

I was going to do a proper TR but because of something that happened on day 10 I have lost my notes but I will do a mixed up one, I cannot remember exactly what I did on certain days but I did too much I think which might sound mad but I wish that I had taken things a bit easier but I wanted to make the most of my time there.

What I will do is to note a few things below

ccolor you were right the hotel is lovely I had a balcony room overlooking Toulouse and Bourbon and I was not kept awake at night and it was lovely to sit on the balcony and people watch. oh there are mosquitoes in NOLA I have the bites to prove it!!!

I did see Rodent twice but sorry I didn't say hi...I will explain on TR.

I went to Old Coffee Pot for lunch and Glen my server suggested that I put a dressing on my vegetable platter I am really pleased I took his advice. I didn't like the coffee at Cafe du Monde it was too bitter for me but I drink plain black coffee also not keen on the beignets they seemed very studgy and I had to keep dipping in extra sugar.

Had a hurricane in Pat's courtyard and liked it!!! Oh I gave a mime artist money and he he asked for my number lol!!!! I got lost everywhere I think I must have looked like I was doing jazz hands trying to work out my left from my right!!!

I think the only bad experience was when I went to Oceana and when I was looking at the bill to see about a tip they had added 18% gratuity...I had seen that this would be added for large parties but this surprised me especially as for the only time I was only going to leave 15% because I never saw my server.

Carole

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
626 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

Carole, welcome to our Addicted to New Orleans club! There is no cure, by the way:)

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

Thanks for your TR. Good luck and return again soon.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

Aww - it's always nice to hear somebody fell for the same city that we're all so hooked on!

Sister, you're a better woman than I to be able to sleep decently at those corner rooms!! *smile* Our favorite spot is just about the center of the hotel so we share the wealth between the bars at the corner of Toulouse and Bourbon and Razzoo's. Anyway, it's usually hard for me to talk anybody into staying at the Four Points because of the cost, but the balcony rooms and hotel itself really are fantastic and should be given a shot - even if it's just for one night.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it and thanks for letting me know how it went for you.

Can't wait for your actual TR!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

same here, Carole...that's a nice "teaser" to get us all started! So happy to hear you fell in love too, and even if you over-did it, it will make it more relaxed your next time in (and there WILL be a next time!:)

Something happened on day 10 and you lost your notes? Did it involve lots of alcohol? LOL!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

You saw Rodent twice and you didn't say hi??? Gosh, I know I'm Amazing Terror (those on my Facebook know where that new nickname came from ;) ), but really don't bite nice English ladies and I hope I didn't scare you away? :-o

Glad you "got" New Orleans and I'm looking forward to the trip report. :)

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

So - (innocently said) how did you know it was Rodent? BWAHAHHAAH

It's too bad you didn't stop her and introduce yourself - she really, really is quite a lovely lady and lots of fun to wander around with! Next time!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

Looking forward to your TR Carole! Glad to hear that you loved New Orleans so much! Hopefully you can go back and visit again some time!

Skiatook, OK
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

Carolou -- I thought of you several times and wondered how you liked your trip. It's hard to think that anyone who goes would not love this city. Welcome to the club!!!! I look forward to hearing more about your trip.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
577 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

Can't wait for you trip report! I am so glad you had a nice time!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,709 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What a wonderful place!!!!

Looking forward to your full trip report...and you went to Oceana after all the discussions here in trip advisor? I've tried to take notes...they get pretty scrambled and days mixed up unless I do them each evening and thats usually after too many nightcaps.