We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treme 200 anniversary

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Treme 200 anniversary

For those of us who will be in New Orleans the weekend beginning October 19th, I have found out that there will be lots of things going on for the Treme 200 Anniversary. For instance on Friday there is BRASS UNDER THE BRIDGE "a communal gathering place for the people of Tremé, and the Tremé 200 Festival will blow it out with Hot 8, Rebirth, Dirty Dozen, The Original Pinettes and Baby Boyz Brass Bands. 6 p.m. at LeMann Park, Lafitte St at N. Claiborne Ave".. Lots of different things going on all weekend. Here is the link to their webpage listing all the events. http://www.treme2012.com/events

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treme 200 anniversary

Sounds like fun! Wish we could be there.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treme 200 anniversary

Wow, that sounds awesome! Hope some of "our" people will check it out and report back. Bcla, are you planning to go?

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treme 200 anniversary

I'm going to try and go to some of it. Would love to see the Brass Band thingy. Also the show in Armstrong Park and the Second Line on Sunday.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treme 200 anniversary

You go girl!!! :)

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treme 200 anniversary

I'll be there that weekend. This is going to make me rethink our whole itinerary.

6. Re: Treme 200 anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 05:17