We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

Level Contributor
361 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

Planning a trip next summer and looking for 3 rooms. One room i need to have 3 people in it so looking for pull out sofa.

Should I stick with the hampton? We would like a pool if possible and not necessary to be in the french quarter. We enjoy walking

AR
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

Check Iberville Suites as well.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

I second the Iberville Suites.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,437 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

The name of the hotel mentioned above is being changed from Iberville Suites to The Courtyard New Orleans Iberville (indoor pool only). We stayed there end of last month, and I highly reccomend the property. However, although the hotel offers suites with either a king or queen bed, and a sofa bed in a separate room, I don't believe they offer a single room/suite with two beds plus a sofa bed.

Place d'Armes, a Forum favorite with pool, and the affiliated Prince Conti (no pool), offer a FEW junior suites with two double beds and a sofa sleeper. Country Inn and Suites (small pool), fairly well located and well thought of but several blocks outside of the French Quarter, offers suites with two beds plus a sofa sleeper.

Hotel Villa Convento (no pool), a small property that is also a Forum favorite, offers an eclectic combination of room types, including some with three beds.

Also see:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k442865…

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

As Loopwhole suggested the Place de Armes is a favorite and would be a good choice. It is easy to get around and has a great inner courtyard for a gathering place. The pool is a little small but nice. The rooms we were in we're a good size and they have the junior suites available.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

Most outdoor pools in the French Quarter are not heated so depending on the weather it may be too cool to swim.

Level Contributor
361 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

Thanks for all yor suggestions. I will look into them

appreciate

pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
535 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

I agree with Cate, the P'AD is centrally located & the rooms are nice. Always have been treated royally from the staff to the ghosts.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

Have a look at Oliver house (on Toulouse st )– such a gem!

It has a beautiful courtyard, a nice ( small) pool. We stayed twice there - in a room with a balcony; the room had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and coffee maker

Along with the regular rooms ( well, there is nothing regular about them, every room is unique) they have 2 suites ( one of them with a split level) and a cottage .( I know that the split level suite has a sleeper sofa on the lower floor and a queen size bed in the loft).

They don’t take the reservation on line – you have to either call or email – but that’s the best part: the staff is amazing,very attentive to all your needs.

Edited: 11 October 2012, 16:15
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

Of course I'd chime in strongly to check out the Place d'Armes or St. Marie...location, location, location and great courtyards and good staffing and management.

Level Contributor
361 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which hotel best suited for 7 middle aged women?

?? on the Place d'Armes? I don't see how 3 people can fit in one room?

Is there room for a rollaway? It is too cramped to have two women in one double bed.

The place does look quite lovely though. I hate to pay for the fourth room to put a single person in it