We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day in New Orleans

Enola, PA
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas Day in New Orleans

Does anyone know of a restaurant that is open on Christmas Day for late reservations, and would also have vegetarian options? We will be flying into NOLA from BWI on December 25th at 7 p.m. We were hoping for reservations around 8:30 p.m. or 9 p.m... We are staying at the Windsor Court hotel. We currently have reservations at The Grill Room, but they are offering a special four course meal, with no vegetarian options.

Mentioned in this post
Nola Restaurant
Nola Restaurant
3,346 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Windsor Court Hotel
Windsor Court Hotel
1,795 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

This is a link to last year's listing, but it may give you some ideas:

www.nomenu.com/joomla1/index.php…

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

I would think most restaurants that night, if open, would have a limited menu. On opentable.com, there were a number of restaurants accepting reservations at that time but most were either hotel restaurants or steakhouses. Look at Galvez Restaurant, a Spanish restaurant in the French Quarter which would be close. Though I have never been, it gets good reviews, has a great view and has a vegetarian paella...just don't know if that would be served on Christmas Day. You may want to call them to check it out.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,218 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

Bayona always has a good veg option.

Mentioned in this post
Bayona
Bayona
1,412 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,218 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

I want to update as I have just called ALL AROUND...

Closed on Christmas Day: Bayona, Commanders, La Petit Grocery, August. These were some of my first choices.

Open:

Cafe Adelaide - said they will have an a la carte menu and accommodate a vegetarian. Yes, we have one in our group.

Grille Room - Prix pixe. $110 adults $45 kids Will probably pass on this one since I'm not fond of paying $45 for PBJ and chicken nuggets. And our veg family member may starve and still have to pay $110!!

Luke - unsure what menu might be

Domenica - special menu (might be around $70) AND regular menu

Borgne - unsure of menu

Mentioned in this post
Bayona
Bayona
1,412 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Domenica
Domenica
1,876 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Borgne
Borgne
719 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

Windsor Court is a great place....have you spoken to the restaurant manager yet? I suggest calling and alerting them that you are a guest of the hotel, arriving late, etc...and have reservations at the restaurant and that you are a vegetarian. If you give them enough notice, perhaps a special meal can be created.

Mentioned in this post
Windsor Court Hotel
Windsor Court Hotel
1,795 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
J H
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
194 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

The Bistro as Maison De Ville

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Maison de Ville
Hotel Maison de Ville
144 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
San Diego...
Level Contributor
893 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

I love Cafe Aidelaide. Sister restaurant to Commander'S Palace. It's very good.

Mentioned in this post
Commander's Palace
Commander's Palace
8,166 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
86 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

Go to www.neworleansonline.com/christmas. There will be a list of restaurants with notations of their being open during the Christmas/New Year week.

9. Re: Christmas Day in New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:18