We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bread pudding...

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Best bread pudding...

is where?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bread pudding...

Not a traditional bread pudding, per se, but I vote for the Bread Pudding Souffle @ Commander's Palace. So yummy!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bread pudding...

thats a wide ranging topic for many tastes....its done so differently in so many ways that everyone has a favorite style etc....I'm with the traditional and like the ones at Arnaud's, Muriel's, and K Paul's. Rodent is the expert as she goes on a bread pudding tour every visit.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,144 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bread pudding...

This is important to me as we'll. Rodent? What say you?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
821 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bread pudding...

We aren't usually dessert people, but really enjoyed the bread pudding at Muriel's...in fact, we made our meal of the crayfish crepes, salad midi, and bread pudding and left very happy!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best bread pudding...

Here's what I wrote after my May trip (the first paragraph of "Food and Drink"):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k544975…

Update after my last (September) trip: Mr B's was still delicious flavor-wise, but did not have the crunchy-on-the-top texture. So, for now, I would rep[lace it in my Top 5 with the Cherries Jubilee bread pudding at SoBou.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best bread pudding...

somehow I forgot Mr. B's...my true favorite...good for Rodent to jog my memory.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best bread pudding...

The best bread pudding?? Why, the one you are eating....You are unlikely to get a bad one in NOLA.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best bread pudding...

Bread Pudding Souffle at Commander's

White Chocolate Bread Pudding at Palace Cafe

Cherries Jubilee Bread Pudding at SoBou

AND as bamayankee says, "the one you are eating."

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best bread pudding...

Commander's and SoBou are on my list for our visit NEXT October. And I dearly love a good bread pudding. I'll be eager to see if any of them compare to the bread pudding I make -- I use day-old donuts, especially maple or chocolate bars, apple fritters and jelly donuts. So decadently yummy when the icing and/or jelly melts and swirls throughout the custardy "bread".

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best bread pudding...

bamayankee, I beg to differ. Steer clear of Cafe Pontalba's bread pudding. My votes are for Boucherie, Howling Wolf Kitchen and Mr. B's Bistro. Mention must also be made of the wonderful raspberry bread pudding made by Vera Blue when Rodent told her we couldn't find any in New Orleans.