We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

Hello,

We will be in NO 11/8-11 and are staying at the Le Pavillon Hotel. Can someone please give some recommendations for dinner options within reasonable walking or taxi distance? While we'd like to enjoy good NO fare, we are looking for a casual experience (perhaps with some cool music?!) that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks,

ASP

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

Well, you are within easy walking distance of my all-time favorite restaurant, Mr. B's Bistro. Not sure what it takes to break your bank, but I'd figure $120 or so for a nice dinner for two..and I mean NICE. Lunch is cheaper, of course, and I always like to sit at the bar. No music to speak of, though.

The Crystal Room is in the hotel and has great food and occasional live music.

Give us an approximate budget, please and we can do a better job recommending for you. You're going to love New Orleans!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

Well thought of restaurants particularly close to your hotel would include Herbsaint and Luke. Although the very nice La Pavillon is a bit out of the way, you will be within walking distance of dozens of quality restaurants; if you could be a bit more specific it would help. La Pavillon is not particularly close to live music venues, but it is within walking distance of some, and within a short taxicab ride of many. What type of music do you consider cool?

Rochester, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

I was thinking entrees more in the $20 range and where we could feel comfortable wear jeans/casual attire.

Rochester, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

As far as music goes, we hope to hear jazz, funk, zydeco, etc. We plan to check out the Gumbo Fest as well! Welcome your ideas!

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

It's an interesting challenge: $20 entrees, music, good New Orleans far near Le Pavillion! My wife (the brains of the operation) and I spent quite a while debating this and will keep trying. But meanwhile, here's one for you: I think Drago's at the nearby Riverside Hilton might suit you. Their original place is in Metairie, but this one is almost as good.

Entree prices start at a bit less than $20. The charbroiled oysters there are amazingly good. I have never even heard of someone disliking them. In fact, I made a beeline there last timme I was in town. Herradura SHrimp and Oyster Pasta are other personal favorites. The po-boys are also very good. Stay away from their steaks and lobster dishes IMHO.

They have deservedly gotten some bad reviews for their snotty attitude towards large parties and the proprietess is known by some unflattering nicknames, but if you want good, reasonably priced real New Orleans fare, Drago's fits. No music, but you'll be down by Riverfront and can follow your ears on the way there or back.

Very convenient walk from your hotel. From the Poydras Street entrance (the one with the giant columns) turn left and walk all the way down Poydras to the River. You'll see the Hilton Hotel, and that's where Drago's is. Maybe a 15 minute stroll. I recommend avoiding peak times so as to avoid any snottiness.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

Oops, here's Drago's menu: dragosrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2012…

Rochester, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

Thanks to you and your wife! Drago's looks like a great place for us to try.

Wodderick
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

Aldo there is no need to look down on someone just because they don't want to spend a fortune on restaurants!

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

For the life of me I can't imagine why it seemed I was looking down at anyone and if it did It was completely misunderstood. I value everyone's perspective in TA and have worked hard since 2005 to be a good TA citizen.

To be 100% clear I appreciate the OP question and am trying to help. But I will keep this in mind next time the issue of price comes up.

10. Re: Eateries near Le Pavillon Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:17