We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more parking questions

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
549 reviews
Save Topic
more parking questions

Hubs and I will be staying in the CBD at the Hampton for a couple of nights and I'd love to find some cheap parking, next 2 nights at Prince Conti or Inn on St Ann. We want to be able to get to our car. Will I be able to find anything for under $20/day? Anyone try gambling your way to free parking Harrahs and know how that works?

If I can't find parking worth my while, we may go ahead and spend a little more to fly but I wanted to have my car for Christmas shopping!!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: more parking questions

Last weekend I saw a lot on Dauphine, not far from Canal. Pretty much straight across from Carl Mack Costumes, on the River side. The sign said $10 a day. I didn't look closely cause I didn't have a Car to park. Not sure if it changes on different dates. It may be worth driving down Dauphine to check it out.

There is a lot on Iberville . Between Bourbon and Royal, (next to Dickie Brennan's), that is $20 a day with in and out privileges.

Some people are pretty good at finding free parking in the FQ. There is a regular poster on this forum who is a champion. If you decide to try that I would caution you to read the signs carefully, especially if you are parking on a Thursday or Tuesday when they clean streets. We learned the hard way that they can tow you for street cleaning even when no street cleaning occurs.

We have also parked across Esplanade near Buffa's a few times with no problem.

Edited: 06 November 2012, 00:42
Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
549 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: more parking questions

Thanks KCK, I'm so sad we won't be there at the same time!

3. Re: more parking questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2013, 10:15