We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

I am working a meeting in NOLA next week and have been asked to compile a brochure for recommendations for restaurants for my participants. I've never been and don't have a lot of time to do any thorough research on TA before I leave on Thur. I need help with recommendations for a restaurant using the following guidelines:

Under $50 per person (incl. drinks, food and tip)

Casual atmosphere with local flair

Good food quality

Thanks!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,437 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Close to what location?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Lots of personal preferences in that regard. Just post this list and let them decide for themselves: neworleansonline.com/neworleans/fq/fqrestaur…

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Where will your participants be lodging and/or meeting? And how many people? A little more info might be helpful in order for you to get the best recommendations.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Cochon Butcher (lunch/dinner) - great sandwich shop with attitude

Central Grocery (lunch) - muffalettas

Killer Po-Boys (lunch/4th meal) - cheap & delish in the back of the Erin Rose bar off Bourbon.

Domenica (dinner) - John Besh's italian inspired restaurant. Great happy hour.

Merchant (coffee/breakfast) - great coffee/crepes

Root (dinner) - priciest on this list; delish & getting a lot of well deserved press

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Muriel's would be a most excellent choice!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

We will be at the Hyatt Regency, 150 participants

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Places that could accomodate that large a group would be several of the old line restaurants such as Antoine's and Arnaud's and possibly Muriel's. Take a look at www.nomenu.com under eat, by neighborhood, and french quarter to get an idea..Also depends on your general category 'food'..does that include appetizer, entree, and dessert? You limit yourself by the $50 limit to places like Red Fish Grille which is still over that limit by a little bit.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,337 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Just to clarify, you're not looking for a place to hold a group meal for 150 people, are you? (I hope not, on a weeks notice!)

Have you contacted the concierge at your hotel? I would be surprised if they didn't have a list of local restaurants to provide to guests. Might save you a lot of leg work.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,437 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

Considering your criteria and the location of the Hyatt Regency, and presuming you are looking for individual dining, not dining for the entire group together, I would list Domenica (Roosevelt Hotel), Herbsaint (701 St. Charles, Ave., Luke (333 St. Charles Ave.), Bon Ton Cafe (401 Magazine St. [only open Mon - Fri]), and Red Fish Grill (on Bourbon St. in the corner of the French Quarter closest to Hyatt Regency).

Edited: 07 November 2012, 17:37
10. Re: Restaurants with local flair, moderate price and good food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 10:16