We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

What a doof and rookie mistake. I posted 2 reports in Louisiana forum instead of NOLA. Sorry everyone. I guess that's the hurricane and kindle fire messing w/me. ;) if u want to read day 3 & 4 there in the other forum.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

Love reading your reports, sounds like a great time being had by both of you.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

copy and paste them to the New Orleans forum! I don't think ANYONE should miss your reports!!!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

"zackly. Copy and paste 'em so people can see them without hunting them down!

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

Thanks! Glad to help ease the pain of missing NOLA. Don't know if I can copy and paste from my phone or Kindle. :(

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

Thanks! Glad to help ease the pain of missing NOLA. Don't know if I can copy and paste from my phone or Kindle. :(

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

allow me to assist! Copy/Paste of Sequoia's TR:

“ Live Trip Report: Day 3 Recap ”

Nov 06, 2012, 8:21 AM

Day 3 was spent wandering the Quarter since the rain let up for a bit. Started out by heading to Red Gravy for breakfast. We arrived at 10:30 and opened the door to be told they would not serve us. Breakfast was over...denied. We left and went to Camellia Grill on Royal. I know this is not the original location, but we were ready to eat. Fun to watch the servers yell the orders to the chefs. Mushroom omelet and grits for me and ham, cheese, grilled peppers omelet and hashbrowns for DH. Good stuff!

We walked back to Jackson Square and took a carriage ride. We didn't get a good driver :( he repeated stories about 3 times and told us 2 different houses were where Tennessee Williams lived. I was bummed because I had such a great driver back in 2000 - we went all over the quarter and it was about 45 minutes. This ride was 15 maybe minutes. We went no further than Bourbon. Didn't see Napoleon House, really not much.

We headed to the French Market and grabbed so geux cups and checked out the stalls. Tom bought a tshirt. We found out the Mint is closed Monday so we made plans to come back during the week. Walked in and out of the shops on Royal. I have my eye on a photo of Lafitte's Blacksmith and may go back for it. Would have loved to buy some of the items in the antique stores for me house. We bought a NOPD shirt for my brother -in -law who is LAPD. By now it was? time for late lunch.

El Gato Negro time! I have to say, that pineapple lime cilantro margarita is the best margarita I have ever had! Tom got a regular one but after trying mine, he ended up w/2 of them. I had the lobster claw taco on handmade corn tortilla and the steak taco. Both were amazing but too much food. DH 'had ' finish off my steak taco. He ordered the steak quesadilla (sp?). He made plans to return to ENG this trip.

By now our dogs were tired and we went back to the Provincial to relax for a bit. A severe thunderstorm warning was predicted so we cancelled plans for ghost walk and went to Fritzel's instead. What a great band and so much fun! Many rum & cokes and tequilla shots later we were doing well. For those of you that smoke, smoking is allowed in here. We are both ex-smokers (over 15 yrs ago) so it was a bit thick for us but sure didn't hamper our good time. A few folks commented on it and left. So just know that going into it. But I would go back - the band was great!

From there we walked to Canal then to Decatur and saw some shops we want to get to during the day. By now we were hungry again so we stopped at Verti Mart and got sandwiches and came back home. So back home early again 12:30.

Ready for day 4!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

and day 4:

“ Live Trip Report: Day 4 Recap ”

Nov 07, 2012, 6:46 AM

Theme of the day again? Too much. :) We ate too much, we drank too much and generally had another perfect day in New Orleans. Started the morning with the jazz brunch at Court of Two Sisters. Beautiful setting in the courtyard and an amazing server Brice. Mimosas got us started for the day. After a leisurely breakfast, we came back to the Provincial to get into walking shoes and warmer clothes. There was quite a good chill in the air. When we left SoCal the weather was calling for 70's and 80's so I didn't bring a jacket. Off to the shops we go to pickup a sweatshirt.

Once I was cozy again we decided to go to Armstrong park. So amazing to be at the birthplace of jazz. We strolled through the park and took lots of pictures. On the way back we walked by the house where Marie Laveau lived. We had a 1:15 start time for our cemetery and voodoo tour. (Why I end up on a cemetery tour on birthdays, anniversaries and honeymoon's I'll never know but I wouldn't have it any other way. What can I say? I'm a scorpio.) We got the tour through a groupon deal. Great tour through the cemetery and a stop at the New Orleans visitor center then we went to visit Voodoo Priestess Miriam at the Voodoo Spiritual Temple. She was as sweet as can be and put a great big smile on my face.

Back to the hotel to drop off an alligator dog toy I bought for our Chihuahua Sedona we checked the time and made plans for dinner. We had a ghost tour booked and didn't have too much time. I was hopping to try Red Gravy but we were too squeezed for time. I think Friday may work out as our Red Gravy day. Anyway, we decided to grab a sandwich and a few Pimms Cups at Napoleon House. We love that place! We also split a bowl of red beans and rice. Too full yet again we were ready to walk off our meal.

We took the Haunted History Ghost Tour with our guide Randy. I have to say, he was an amazing tour guide. So much fun and I loved the way he weaved his stories. He had everyone laughing and fascinated at the same time. When we come back I'm sure we'll take another tour with him. By now our legs were aching and my husband's knees were done. (3 knee surgery's due to sports have worn them down.) So back to the Provincial and time to try the Ice House Bar. We met ATN and had 3 each of his out-of-this-world hurricanes. Hot damn he makes an amazing drink. I would have to say he makes the best we've had so far! And we absolutely love him! We laughed and talked the night away and closed the bar (10pm). We will have to make sure our return trip involves a Monday and Tuesday stay over so we can drink with him again.

We closed my birthday down watching the elections and I could not have had a more perfect day. Today we are off to an early start for our 7:30 pickup for the plantation tour. Remember I said yesterday was a day of too much? Oy! I need to hydrate with lots of water today. Those hurricanes go down too easy. :)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,627 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

Thank you Herm for copying and pasting Sequoia's trip reports!

Sequoia--You definitely have been having fun! Lots of eating, drinking, and walking! Poor DH with his knees though! Glad you got to meet ATN and enjoy some of his fantastic Hurricanes. That man can definitely make an excellent drink! That bar is perfect for late night drinks when you don't want to run too far!

Glad to know you enjoyed El Gato's margaritas and food too! The house is my absolute fav of all their drinks! They do give you a lot of food there though! Did you try the tableside guacamole? My skinny little cousin ate a whole bowl of it by herself.

Also the drink The Shark Attack at Tropical Isle has a plastic shark in it that makes a perfect dog toy! I'm sure Sedona would like it because our Tabatha loves hers!

Happy Birthday! Sounds like your day was perfect!!!!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

Wished you on Facebook twice already but hey, good things come in threes, so: Happy Birthday!!!

I've done this too, posting a thread in Louisiana Forum instead of New Orleans, then found out Cathy did this as well. So no, you're not alone, and it's a very easy mistake to make when posting from a mobile device. Herm, thank you for copying them and pasting here. :)

Cilantro and lime is my fave El Gato margarita as well. My husband loved Blood of the Devil, if I remember the name correctly, the spicy one.

Wow, a carriage tour that lasted 15 minutes?! That's just plain wrong.

Hope Friday does work out for Red Gravy for you.

Continue having all the fun for those of us who can't be there. :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bah! Posted in Louisiana!

Sorry you weren't able to be seated. We start serving breakfast at 7am and will continue to serve until 11am. How late we'll seat people depends on how many tickets the kitchen still has as the 11th hour approaches. We need that full half hour (11-11:30) to turn the kitchen over to lunch production. We have to make a judgement call each morning to determine how many more seats we can fill for breakfast service and when to stop seating. I hope, the next time you are in the area, we'll get a chance to make you happy.