We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goth ideas for a weekend trip

GA
Level Contributor
12 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Goth ideas for a weekend trip

We're in our late 30's and thinking about a long weekend trip in Nov. or Dec. I've been to NOLA for conventions countless times but my boyfriend's never been. He really enjoys goth culture, industrial and electronic music. Any thoughts on things he would enjoy? I'm a bit of a foodie and would love some ideas around the Garden district since I've primarily stayed by the convention center and french quarter.

Are the haunted and ghost tours really hokie? Any specific companies or tours to go with?

Any clubs/music venues to check out?

Any other recommendations?

Free Tours by Foot
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
Two Chicks Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Flambeaux Bicycle Tours
City Tours, Equipment Hire, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goth ideas for a weekend trip

Here's an idea-and maybe Rodent will chime in too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60864-i34-k554739…

Put goth in the search box and see what comes up.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goth ideas for a weekend trip

I'm afraid you won't find a whole lot. :( I did a similar search for myself and hubby (we're both into electro-industrial) and, considering the Anne Rice/vampire connection, there's surprisingly little scene.

The Dungeon apparently used to have some, but has gone in a different direction. Since it's weekend, 1135 Decatur might be your best bet. It's dead throughout the week but appears to be irregularly open on weekends. We looked in when we were passing it on a September weekend, looked closest to what we were looking for, but weak compared even to Seattle (which isn't necessarily an electro-industrial center of the world, either).

It's by no means Goth, but a cafe you might enjoy the ambiance of is Z'Otz on Oak street. Again, let me stress that you won't hear Goth music there, but there is the "bizzarre mannequins and other random objects everywhere" vibe that you might enjoy. Generally that (the artsy, strange, creative, non-mainstream) is the vibe you are more likely to find.

Now for the less "organized entertainment" stuff that a person of a more Goth persuasion might enjoy, the cemeteries are superb and there are *lots* of them.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

3. Re: Goth ideas for a weekend trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2013, 10:15