We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

Hi, My sister and I are flying into NOLA in the morning for a noon doctor's appointment at the Breast Center at 1717 St Charles Blvd. We arrived at MSY at 9:30 and would like a nice place to grab late breakfast early lunch before the appointment. I haven't been to NO since the early 80's but would like to make a stressful day somewhat fun. Any suggestions? Cafe De Monde didn't seem worth the effort.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

That is a super-private VIP place you are going to. No one really knows about it. You will be very close to The Trolley Stop, just 2 blocks away or so on St. Charles, I believe. It's yummy breakfast/lunch/diner food. There is also Blue Plate Cafe on Prytania, a few blocks away and a few blocks the other direction is Coulis, the old Blue Bird Cafe on Prytania, by Touro Hospital.

If you're willing to drive a little further uptown, go to Il Posto, a little Italian cafe with fresh baked goods and salads and yummy things. And, there's also Slim Goodies on Magazine, near Louisiana, which is great, too.

MN
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

Hello nosleepmommy. I am a BC Graduate!

We have eaten at Zeas close by the center...We ordered take out when we were staying at the Clarion from the Cheesecake factory- I liked that.

Commanders Palace we have walked to for Lunch from the center...if I recall it is a fairly long walk. you may want to call ahead for a Reservation for them.

Katie also may have other suggestions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

Houston's (almost next door!) opens at 11am. I love their menu.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

Nosleep--I have no eating suggestions...I just want to wish you well and hope there are only bright and wonderful things in your very long future!!!!

: )

Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

Thank you all so much for your suggestions! I very much appreciate them. And many thanks Deny for the sweet thoughts.

6. Re: Going to Medical Center and just need a good place to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:17