We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
269 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

TOurs for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking,leaving today.spur of the moment trip.We will not have a car and they love history

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,081 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

I would suggest you just do your own--start at Jackson Square and let the 80 year old decide how far s/he can walk!

NJ
Level Contributor
718 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

Swamp tour. You sit in the boat the whole time and it's one of the most interesting places I have ever been to.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

And the really nice thing is that the Quarter has been under construction for the Super Bowl coming up, so the sidewalks are not so unstable and the roads are evened out too. Most of the loose tiles have been stabalized and they've even added slopes to most all of the corner walkways so people won't have to step up and down on the curbs anymore( or fall of after a few too many hurricanes)! Be warned there is A LOT of construction still going on in the Quarter, but it will be worth it when its completed and rest assured knowing that the 80 yr olds will be having a much easier time navigating the walkways than others had been in the past.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

This is easy. You start with a carriage tour of the French Quarter. Carriages are lined up on the "river side" of Jackson Square. Lots of other stuff to see snd do in that area, too. If you still have tome, book a city/Katrina tour with Tours by Isabelle.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

new orleans movie tours in the minivan with one stop at basin street station..very good informative tour and gets you around a lot of the city too. The tours by VIP or Tours by isabelle with the minivans would work out the best.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

Also there are pedicabs available in the French Quarter. Hail one when you first get there and get the cellphone number. Then, if your parents get tired, call the pedicab to transport them.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

There are a couple of history museums right in the Jackson Square area, so you would not have to walk far. You would need to take a cab to the WWII Museum, which is very highly regarded.

Sacramento
Level Contributor
286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

I would also suggest Captial City Trolleys - they are new to New Orleans and offer a 2 hour historical tour on their trolley vechicles. I bought a Groupon, but haven't used it yet. I needed tours that did not involve walking so I bought this one and a movie tour.

Here is their website if you are interested:

twincitytrolleys.com/page/capital_city_home

9. Re: Tour for 80 y/0 with difficulty walking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 04:16