We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

Newington...
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Topic
Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

My husband and I want an authentic NO hotel to stay in for our second trip to NOLA. We would be staying in early July for his birthday. Which hotel do you all recommend? Do you like one better than the other? We want a cheap room. An elevator is a must.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
456 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

PDA is a very good value for the money. Most of the place is elevator accessible, but the small outer buildings have a walk up second floor. The staff is responsive and the location can't be beat. Not fancy, but plenty comfy, at least the few rooms that I have been in. Can't offer any info about Price Conti besides it looks pretty when you walk past it....lol.

Cheers!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,889 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

These hotels share the same ownership and management. They are comparable, but d'Armes has a courtyard/pool while Conti does not. Conti does have an upscale in-house nighttime restaurant/bar, breakfast/lunch cafe, and elevator service to all upper floors. Most would consider d'Armes' location SLIGHTLY better. Conti's rates for comparable rooms are typically slightly less. If you go to the website for either hotel, and check availability for your dates, you can click to bring up rates and room decriptions for all of this company's hotels on the same page.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,049 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

In July, the pool at the PDA would be a big plus. When we have been to NOLA in the summer, we would sightsee in the morning, lay low by the pool in the heat of the afternoon and then go back out in the evening.

MN
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

We stayed at both this October.

It was our 1st stay at Prince Conti & Our 3rd stay at PDA. PDA has more of a NO feel. The courtyard is lovely. PC does not have one & I missed that. As Nov. Moon stated the pool in July would be very nice.

At Prince Conti we had a jr Suite- That I did really like- a sitting room with a couch & 2nd TV, A fridge & Mircrowave. But we never are in the room much so- it wasnt that used anyway.

PDA we had a Balcony- was pretty chilly the days we were there- But still I love having a Balcony when in NOLA. I also prefer PDA location.

I would pick PDA, It will probably run a little bit more $.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

The Saint Marie -- owned by the same company -- is another option and It has a pool. Just throwing it out there as prices can sometimes vary by property.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

I would go with the Prince Conti hands down.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,638 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

We have stayed multiple at all three properties and by far for the new orleans atmosphere and location...its obviously the Place d'armes

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,568 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

I think the Place D Armes has the best location in the Quarter. We stayed in room 129 last year and loved it!

Daphne
Level Contributor
239 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

Keep in mind that you useally get what you pay for. There are many really nice hotels to choose from. Bargain hotels usually leave a lot to be desired.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place D Armes or Prince Conti Hotel

NanNan, I think the company that operates the PDA, PC and SM does a very good job of giving you a New Orleans experience for the dollars you spend.

I once spent twice as much for a room at the Royal Sonesta that overlooked the HVAC units. Learned my lesson.

And who spends that much time in a hotel room anyway? I want a reasonably quiet, clean place to close my eyes for a few hours. I have a tv and furniture at home.