We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceremony for two Audubon Park

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
890 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ceremony for two Audubon Park

I've been searching the internet for ideas and locations for a New Orleans marriage ceremony for two. I see that some couples snap some photos near the St. Charles Avenue Street Car on the way to a ceremony in Audubon Park. I can't seem to find a good map of the park on the internet. It would be helpful to see how far the walk is, say from a Street car stop, to the Tree of Life. Is there a restroom near the Tree of Life?

Also, I see some parts of Audubon Park have fees for events. Does the area near the Tree of Life require a fee?

Can anyone suggest an officiant and photographer who would work with a limited budget? I am willling to go for faux flowers to make this work. Thanks!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ceremony for two Audubon Park

My sous chef just got married in the park...overlooking the small lake by the golf course. I can hook you up with his officiant....but permits...that's anothe story. His ceremony took all 15 mintues so he didn't bother with a permit. If you want to message me, I'll try tohelp you.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ceremony for two Audubon Park

For an officiant I HIGHLY recommend Rev. John W. Zimmer, who you can contact at 504-834-6544. For references you can type "Zimmer" in the Search box above and/or Goggle his name.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ceremony for two Audubon Park

Also, cerelife, a frequent Forum poster, had a ceremony for two, accompanied only by Rev. Zimmer and there recruited witnesses, in City Park. I thught she might chime in, but she must be preoccupied. You can pick up on most of her relevent posts by scanning the Search results for "Zimmer". I'm sure she would not mind your contacting her by private message.

4. Re: Ceremony for two Audubon Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 07:17