We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Great Trip

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newark, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Another Great Trip

Spent another 4 fantastic days in our favorite city. Even though we just left there 6 weeks ago. It seemed like a life time.Thanks to special friends we got a great deal on the rooms. Weather was great enjoyed all the Christmas activities, especially the Caroling Sunday night in Jackson Square, is was estimated at 8,000 people strong, singing having a wonderful time, Mayor Landrieu sang Oh Holy Night WOW what a great voice he has. Friday evening sat at the Pontalba and listened to the Bon Apertit Opera Trio signing Christmas songs from the balcony another great experience. Didn't make it to Dragos, but did make it to ACME, mmmmmmmmmm great cargrilled oysters. Went to Napoleons great Muffelata and greek salads. After walking around the French Market did something differant went to Magnolia Grill for a quick sandwich pretty good Shrimp Po Boy, then just couldn't resist walked over for a house Margarita at El Gato. Enough rambling on what more can a person say except until the next trip New Orleans, never change the greatest city in the world. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the TA'ers out there.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,628 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Great Trip

Sounds like you had a great time! 8,000 people in Jackson Square too! Wow! I had no idea that Landrieu could sing either! Learn something new everyday! Glad you got good rates and thanks for passing our love to our people! You ROCK! I'm also happy to hear that Magnolia Grill is good too! What can I say about that house margarita...wish I could be drinking one (or 5) about right now!

Merry Christmas to you and to DW too Mszab!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Great Trip

Loved hearing about your trip - listening to singing from a New Orleans balcony is a very special experience, isn't it? We have had that a couple of times during French Quarter Festival. Your love of New Orleans is apparent, and I agree, New Orleans is the greatest city in the world!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Great Trip

That evening in Jackson Square must've been sooo awsome to see and hear. I will have to bite the bullet and go to NO in December one of these years.

And happy holidays to you too.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Great Trip

great report. So happy you and DW had a great time!

Merry Christmas to both of you as well! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
1,203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Great Trip

Sounds wonderful!

Ga
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Great Trip

Thanks for such a nice report!

Who knew Mitch could sing!? Very cool...

Christmas songs floating through the air from FQ balconies sounds divine, and it makes me happy to imagine that scene, so thank you for sharing that "gift" with us!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well :)

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Great Trip

Thank you for posting your TR mszab. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and to all TA NOLA posters. Yours is the first reference I have seen to Bon Apertit Opera. Do you know if this was a group formed for this holiday season or an ongoing group of performers? The Jackson Square Caroling event must have been a treat.

Newark, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Great Trip

Bon Apertit is a group that is part of the French quarter Planners, this is the 3rd time we heard them, there fantastic, I believe there web site is bonapertit.com they play regularly in the quarter, I just don't remember witch hotel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Great Trip

I'm guessing you haven't seen this yet? I think Mayor Landrieu does a pretty good rendition of a great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrMVeflwyhw

10. Re: Another Great Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 05:16