We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Hotel Villa Convento

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Hotel Villa Convento

Still researching rooms for my May trip and this is one of my potential hotel choices. My question is what is the main difference between the standard/balcony rooms and the budget rooms? There's quite a price difference and if it is primarily size that is the difference I don't care too much about that. Although a balcony would be nice too.

Ga
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Hotel Villa Convento

Hi pyxie!

We adore the Villa Convento, but I'm not much help with room sizes since we always stay in a balcony room (although I have stayed in the split-level loft room on trips with my dad back in the 80's).

As for the balcony rooms, they are a bit small...so I'm guessing size isn't the reason for the price difference. But experiencing the sights/sounds/beauty of the lower FQ from your private VC balcony is just sublime! IMHO this adds a whole new dimension to any visit to NOLA.

BTW, the family who own and run VC are some of the nicest, most helpful people you could ever hope to meet...yet another reason why we love VC so much!

Hope this is helpful to you :)

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,614 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Hotel Villa Convento

Hi Pyxie, we have stayed at the VC several times but never in a balcony room. Our rooms have always overlooked the courtyard area but were not the rooms considered 'budget' rooms, just a regular queen bed room. They were not big but rather a typical hotel room size or possibly a bit smaller than what you would normally find. The VC is a charming hotel and as cerelife said, the owners are wonderful. We have spent hours talking to them while staying at the VC.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Hotel Villa Convento

Okay I have staying in both the balcony rooms overlooking the street as well as the budget rooms. I have also stayed in the queen with the double bed rooms. I've liked all of the rooms. They all have the same feel it it. The budget rooms are smaller with no views. Having a balcony is nice but to be honest I didn't miss it all that much. We weren't in our rooms much. The bancony is very nice in the mornings to have breakfast on. Otherwise if you are saving money I would go with the budget room and spend the moeny elsewhere.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Hotel Villa Convento

Pyxie, if you PM me your email addy, I could send you some pictures of a budget room and a balcony room, as I have stayed in both. Both aren't big and have a bit of a clothes storage issue, but if you "get" this hotel, you won't mind it. :)

I may be there around the same time you are, by the way (I've seen in your other post it's around the end of May-ish, right?) Though it's not yet set in stone, it looks like I'll be quitting my current job a few days after Mother's Day and going for a reconnaissance/apartment hunting trip right after that. And of course I'll be staying at the VC (and still haven't decided which type of room, either), so we may end up being neighbours. :)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
297 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Hotel Villa Convento

Sending you a PM, Rodent. Yes my trip is most likely May 24-27. Definitely sometime around the 25th because that's my birthday. It would be cool if we were neighbors. :)

6. Re: Question about Hotel Villa Convento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 10:16