We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place to watch a game

Orange, Texas
Level Contributor
156 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
good place to watch a game

We'll be in NOLA next Sunday through Wednesday celebrating our 41st anniversary, staying at Harrah's. We would like to watch the BCS National championship game on Monday night somewhere besides our hotel room. Mannings sounds good and nearby, but are there any other suggestions? We love, love NOLA and can't wait to get there......Thanks in advance for anyone who answers.

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
720 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
952 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
133 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
461 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
AR
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good place to watch a game

Johnny White's in the Quarter...

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good place to watch a game

I thought Johnny White's had closed? Also, thanks Texas, I had the same question for the same game.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good place to watch a game

I watched a playoff game a couple of seasons ago at MRB on St Philip. Great dive bar, cheap to reasonable drinks, friendly staff and patrons; can't comment on the food for sale, someone brought in free food for everyone.

Arlington, TX
Destination Expert
for Fort Worth
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
586 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good place to watch a game

Huck Finns if ur on Canal end or the MRB if u r on esplanade end. Both have multiple big tvs!

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good place to watch a game

Huck Finn's (closer to your hotel) is in the 100 block of Decatur and has several large screen televisions....and even closer is Gordon Biersch's (restaurant and sports bar). I am sure that MRB and Johnny White's would have more of an authentic "only in New Orleans" atmosphere, but those are two nearby options. Happy Anniversary, TexasNana!!!

Orange, Texas
Level Contributor
156 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good place to watch a game

Thanks again......I will share this info with hubby and the other couple that is meeting us in NO and then we'll decide. I think it will be Huck Finn's but I am intrigued by MRB and Johnny White's. It will be fun anyway!

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good place to watch a game

TexasNana, I should have included this in my previous response.

www.johnnywhitesneverclosed.com/MRBs.html

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good place to watch a game

We enjoyed watching the Saints/Bucs game at The Erin Rose a few weeks ago. A nice mix of locals and tourists, big TVs and Voodoo Bengal on tap. Johnny White's is indeed open, stopped in there for a beer on our last day. It was only closed for a few weeks when the family took it back from the previous management. You will not recognize it. It's been all remodeled and looks brand spankin' new compared to it's old 'self'.

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good place to watch a game

Johnny White's is good but I prefer their smaller location Called Johnny Whites Hole in the Wall Bar. it's right next door. Very small, very inexpensive and GREAT bartenders. Lucy is my favorite bartender in the Quarter, I'm even Facebook friends with her lol. She will turn on any game you want.

Edited: 02 January 2013, 17:07
Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good place to watch a game

johnnywhitesfrenchquarter.com/…20wall.html