We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
Hubby has Gig in MS; NOLA here we come!

Hi NOLA TAs! It's been so long since I've had a chance to check in. But, hubby's band's gig in MS just got confirmed, so it looks like we're going to piggyback on this and spend a Sun-Wed in our favorite city this June! Just made our reservation at the PDA after having such a fabulous stay there last year. This will be our first vacation without our son or any other family members in 3 years - so excited! We never are in town on a Monday, so we're hoping to finally catch Papa Grows Funk (who DH loves) at the Maple Leaf if they're in town. And, we'll be there for the last day of the Cajun-Zydeco and Creole Tomato Festival, which we enjoyed a few years ago. We're also considering a trip to Evergreen Plantation; perhaps paired with Oak Alley through The Old River Road Plantation Adventure.

Just read my first TRs in a while...ahh, how I love to live vicariously through those reports! Thanks TA!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hubby has Gig in MS; NOLA here we come!

Way to go Couple! Here's hoping you guys have a sensational time (and a good gig for your husband)! Have a TON of fun!

Edited: 18 January 2013, 20:53
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hubby has Gig in MS; NOLA here we come!

Hate to break it to you, but Papa Grows Funk is disbanding. They may still be playing in June, but check with the usual sources first.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hubby has Gig in MS; NOLA here we come!

Thanks, Deny! Highway, thank you for the info. I'll share with DH and have him do some digging. We greatly appreciate the heads up!

4. Re: Hubby has Gig in MS; NOLA here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:16