We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to NOLA for Marathon Feb 23.. 2 nights-trip ideas!

Long Beach, New York
Level Contributor
177 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to NOLA for Marathon Feb 23.. 2 nights-trip ideas!

HI. I am coming to NOLA from NY to run the Rock n Roll Half Marathon on Sunday, Feb 24. I arrive on Saturday, around 12;00 noon. I am staying at the Hampton Inn Convention Center and I am looking for itinerary idea. I am travelling with my husband.. he is not running, just cheering me on! We are hoping for some good ideas for dinner on Saturday night... I usually have sushi before a race..so any ideas would be great...Now,... after the race on Sunday.. I can eat anything I want!!! I have the Steamboat Natchez Dinner Jazz Cruise booked for Sunday night, and am doing the 9th Ward Rebirth Bike Tour on Monday.. our flight home isn't until 5:30 on MOnday... what else can I squeeze in.. lunch options on Sunday.. and drinking...I know its a really short time but I want to see what I can fit in.. I was in NOLA about four years ago with my kids and really loved it....thanks in advance

Flambeaux Bicycle Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Bike Nola
Equipment Hire, Bike Tours
City Segway Tours
Bike Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to NOLA for Marathon Feb 23.. 2 nights-trip ideas!

Why not do a "local" casual jazz brunch on Sunday? I recommend Buffa's on Esplanade and Burgundy...From 11:00-2:00 the back room (enter on Burgundy side) is open for a very good inexpensive brunch ($8-15 pp) with $4 Bloody Mary's and $3 mimosas. A Dixieland band plays for tips and often other local musicians join in. It is a small venue and the locals tend to stay the entire time, so go around 10:45 if you want to get a table. There are only two waitstaff who also operate as bartenders, so don't be in a hurry and enjoy. Do not expect Arnaud's or Antoine's, but do expect lots of regular customers, lots of friendliness and fun..

Mentioned in this post
Burgundy
Burgundy
Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France
2. Re: Coming to NOLA for Marathon Feb 23.. 2 nights-trip ideas!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:17