We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar food

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
az
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Topic
Bar food

Looking for a good place in or near the FQ for bar food.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar food

Hermes Bar at Antoine's in the French Quarter, and Three Muses on Frenchmen St in Marigny.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar food

Depends on what you mean by bar food. If you mean places where you can sit at the bar to eat, most restaurants have this option. Or do you mean bar food as in nachos and wings and fries and that kind of thing?

az
Level Contributor
226 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar food

Thanks for your replies. No, I don't want nachos and wings. We'll be eating lunch at Commander's Palace one day and I didn't really want a fancy sit down dinner the same evening. I'd like to go to a bar (dressed fairly casually) and enjoy a more casual small meal. Do most restaurant bars let you order off the main menu? We haven't been to NO in 20 years and I am so excited to be going back (he doesn't know he's going).

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar food

Many restaurant bars serve the entire menu in their bar so you will not be relegated to nachos.

AR
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar food

Hermes has a Happy Hour from 4:00- 7:00 along with very good bar food. Dominique (just out of the Quarter) has a HH from 3-6 with 1/2 price drinks, 1/2 price pizza and 1/2 price small plates. SoBou has small plates anytime.. Palace Cafe and Dickie Brennan's have what they call a $5 at 5, M-F from 5:00-7:00...certain drinks and appetizers for $5 in their bars.. Cafe Adelaide has great bar food/drinks (just outside the Quarter). All of these restaurants have very nice bar areas.... And yes, many of the restaurants let you order off the menu in the bar. In the more "local" bar category, Buffa's and DejaVu, Cafe Maspero have good bar food. You'll have no problem finding a light dinner after your excellent lunch.

6. Re: Bar food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 05:18