We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superbowl hotels

Buenos Aires...
7 posts
Save Topic
Superbowl hotels

Hey,

I guess I'm the biggest Argentinian (American) football fan, and I just bought 2 tickets at stubhub (over priced but who cares), and now i'm on the search for hotel rooms.

I didn't find too much at kayak or in tripadvisor (they all say - "CALL"):

kayak.com/#/…2guests

And than I found about the stubhub for hotel rooms (most prices not that cheap as well, but there are rooms!) - what do you say?

http://www.goroomer.com/rooms/new-orleans

Thanks,

J

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
665 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Superbowl hotels

Of the hotels shown there is only listed that is in New Orleans - Renaissance Pere Marquett. For the others you will need to rent a car and have close to an hour drive into New Orleans.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
665 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superbowl hotels

That is the goroomer site I looked at.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superbowl hotels

We've got plenty of regularly priced rooms in Baton Rouge, an hour away. The money that you save can be used on hiring a car AND a driver! I have never seen prices like this for NOLA hotel rooms.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Superbowl hotels

I have friends, (major LSU fans), who have had a real problem finding good, reliable transportation back and forth between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I am sure you paid plenty for the SB tickets. If I were you I would go ahead and pay the price to stay in New Orleans. That is where the party will be, not in Baton Rouge. If the Renaissance Pere Marquett has a room available you should grab it.

Edited: 28 January 2013, 00:25
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Superbowl hotels

Agree with KCKid. Makes no sense to stay outside of NOLA if you can find a room here!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Superbowl hotels

I wouldn't pay $2300 per night for a room if it was inside the Superbowl! I think that is just beyond ridiculous, no matter how great a party is happening! We have been to many Mardi Gras and have never stayed in New Orleans during MG due to prices, which don't compare to what is being asked for rooms during Superbowl. Although I would have loved to stay right in New Orleans, but at $500 per night it wasn't going to happen. Nevertheless, we have had a blast at every MG we went to even though we stayed outside of the city. One year we had to stay about an hour away because we reserved at the last minute and couldn't find cheaper accommodations. We wound up reserving a cabin at a state park about sixty miles north of NO. For 1/5th the cost of a hotel room in New Orleans, we had a full size cabin with kitchen, two bedrooms, etc. Yes it was a hassle to drive back and forth every day, but it was sure better than not going at all. The biggest issue is that if you are driving, one person has to be a designated driver every day. We had five people so that wasn't a big deal.

If you are comfortable with spending over $2,000 per night for a place to sleep just to be more centrally located, then go for it. But if you can't, or won't, pay those ridiculous prices, then Ilovelousiana has given you a great option!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Superbowl hotels

Jackt - I just clicked on your link again. Yesterday the only hotel listed that was actually IN new Orleans was the Renessaince, if I remember right, and it was $2300 per night. Today, though, the Avenue Plaza on St. Charles is listed for $349 per night. If it is still available when you read this, I would say grab it as soon as possible! $349 is a lot better than $2300!! I have stayed at the Avenue Plaza and it is very nice and right on the streetcar line. However, if you go to Avenue Plaza's own website, it shows a studio suite as going for $1,409 per night, so I don't know if the rate of roomer.com is correct. I wouldn't pay $1,409 per night either, but it's better than $2,300 per night!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Superbowl hotels

Yikes, I did not look at prices. Lots of people were telling us to rent our condo for SB but we don't do that. Primarily out of concern for our neighbors that share common space but also because I don't want to lock up personal stuff and have strangers in my little home. Kind of icky for me to have strangers sleeping in my bed.

Glad I did not know how much money I was turning down as I might have been tempted, LOL. DH not so much. He said that anyone paying that much might feel like they were getting screwed around would misuse the property. Anyway, not for us. I bet there are still places available from individuals for a lot less than $2300 a night though.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Superbowl hotels

The rub on the Avenue Plaza deal is that it requires a full week stay, but for regulars on this Forum, having to stay a week would be delightful.

JLR, I've stayed WITHIN the French Quarter during ten different Mardi Gras (last 5 days of Carnival), in well located 3.5-4 star places, and never paid more than $210 plus tax (usually less than $190) per night. Admittedly, it sometimes takes diligence starting 8-10 months in advance, and if I threw in the value of my time spent messing with it the cost would be more. However, right now you can book a French Quarter 4 star (probably Astor Crowne Plaza [nice and well located]) through Hotwire from 2/7, checking out 2/13 (last 6 night of Carnival), for $200 plus tax per night.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Superbowl hotels

@Loop, I would LOVE to think you are looking because you are reconsidering MG 2013???? BTW, the extended forecast is starting to look like it won't be all that cold, (knock on wood).

I am still looking at costume revisions that will add some warmth if needed, LOL