We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
524 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

Trying to fill the last two slots for meals that already includes dinner at Galatoire's, dinner at Mr. B's Bistro, lunch at Commander's Palace, and, brunch at Court of the Two Sisters.

How do we narrow down the remaining choices?

Dinner: GW Fins, Stella, or Bayona

Lunch: Sylvain or NOLA

Louisiana
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

I can personally recommend Sylvain! I ate there a month ago and it was fantastic. Make a reservation -- it's tiny!

East Village, New...
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

My wife and I loved Bayona, not a fan of Court of two sisters.

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
80 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

Both Sylvain and NOLA are wonderful! I would have a very hard time choosing between them. The only thing I can say, is maybe do Sylvain for lunch, and NOLA for dinner. Good luck to you! We'll be in NOLA in April, and will most definitely be dining at both.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

If you love fish, go for GW Fins ! Also love NOLA ! Haven't personally eaten at Stella but have heard great things about it, although it is pricey. Really can't go wrong with any restaurant in New Orleans. There are just too many restaurants and not enough time !

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

My family's fav restaurant was Stella and it was right up at the top of TA's fan reviews - within the top 10. Their intro of fixed price more limited menu kind of put us off and it shows in the reviews as they are now #121. The food is still good but they have lost us for regulars. Not sure how Court of Two Sisters made your otherwise interesting list. I'd add one of the Besh restaurants to the list - August, Luke, or Domenica.

CA
Level Contributor
250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

My son went to school in New Orleans for four years and we ate at GW Fins every time we visited. Really missed all the restaurants there now that he has moved away...

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

We liked GW Fins. One of the greatest fresh seafood menus I've ever seen.

However, an argument can be made that its not your typical Nola cuisine. Overall we loved Herbsaint, Boucherie and some others a bit more.

Stella as mentioned is no longer a la carte. Mr B's and the messy BBQ shrimp with the bib you can do for lunch. Bayona is high on the list for next visit

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

We woulg go for gw fins and also skip court of two sisters

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,869 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

Skip Court of Two Sisters. Commander's Palace has a very nice jazz brunch if you want to do that instead of lunch there.

Sunrise, Florida
Level Contributor
803 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help us get from 5 down to 2 restaurants

I agree with the suggestions above. Skip the Sisters Brunch, and Lunch at Mr' B's is great. The last time I had the BBQ shrimp as an appetizer. It's not on the menu but the waiter suggested it. It was more than enough and they only charged $12!

Your original choices are all excellent. I see you have good taste! Have fun..