We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantations

Oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Plantations

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what plantations to see and what would be the best tour company to take a plantation tour with?

Thanks

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plantations

I've taken the tours of the Laura and Oak Alley plantation. I very much enjoyed this tour because the 2 plantations are very different. Laura was a French, working plantation while Oak Alley was an English plantation, and is more what you picture when you say plantation (wrap around balcony, beautiful oak trees, rocker on the porch kind of thing). Seeing the difference between the 2 was very interesting.

But with that said, if you can do only 1, do Laura. The tour is much more interesting. I had used Cajun Encounters and had fine service.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
562 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plantations

For an introduction to plantations, Laura and Oak Alley are good to tour. They are within 1/2 mile of each other and you could easily tour both in the same day. B & C Seafood is a good dining option for lunch near both plantations. I rented a car and drove out so I would have better control of my time and not have to be on the tour company's schedule. All tour companies that offer plantation tours will pick you up at your hotel for additional cost.

Have also read that San Francisco plantation and Nottoway are worth touring but they are further up River Road and for another trip.

3. Re: Plantations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 06:16