We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time back in 25 years - French Quarter

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time back in 25 years - French Quarter

I a going back to New Orleans for the first time in 25 years , staying in the quarter. I won't have a car and we plan on walking around eating all I can. I am there to eat to eat as much local food as possible over 4 days. What places do you recommend are a must for local great food? It doesnt need to be fancy I must have crawfish, oysters, boudin, redfish, etc.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time back in 25 years - French Quarter

1st tiime over 25 years? Wow! It's going to be like the 1st time. One of my favorite restaurant is the Chartres House Cafe. I go there for my 1st meal every trip, having at least the duck quesadillas appetizer if nothing more. The last time I was there, they had a new appetizer, a garlic French bread with cheese, crawfish tails, and spices, yuuuuumy.

As for boudin, Stanley's has an eggs benedict breakfast that includes boudin that is fabulous.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,366 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time back in 25 years - French Quarter

For casual, there are now several places in the French Market. Look at the thread about FM pics below

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time back in 25 years - French Quarter

How does this sound: "Olivier’s is an authentic French Quarter Creole restaurant cooking dishes handed down through five generations.

We're family-owned and operated, moderately priced, and quintessentially New Orleans, right down to our renowned Southern hospitality."

Moderate prices. Great local-based menu. Restaurant tradition since 1979. Olivier's on Decatur Street.

4. Re: First time back in 25 years - French Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 05:16