We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

We're taking two kids - 7 and 12 - to New Orleans for a few days starting this weekend. We'd love to go to a Sunday jazz brunch, but need something kid (i.e., picky eaters) friendly that isn't ridiculously expensive. My husband suggested Palace Cafe but I don't see anything on the menu that the kids will eat. We need basic breakfast stuff ... pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, etc in addition to the yummy things that Mom and Dad want. The Court of Two Sisters seems to offer that, but see above comment about ridiculously expensive. I'm not excited about spending $25 - or whatever it is - for my 7-year-old to eat a pancake. Any suggestions for a fun place for jazz brunch that can appeal to all palates?

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

Buffa's on the corner of Esplanade and Burgundy...lots of eggs, waffles, eggs benedict, biscuits/gravy, brunch specials, ($5-15) etc. $4 Bloody Mary's, $3 Mimosas, great little Dixieland band, mostly locals...very casual and usually several children there with parents/grandarents Enter on the Burgundy side, very small venue...15 tables, band begins at 11:00, so you might get there a few minutes early for a table. This place is not at all fancy and there is a bar on the front side, but it is noted for its good prices, fun band and good, reasonably priced food. Only two serving staff and lots of folks know each other and visit...do not be in a big hurry, but plan to enjoy if you go there. Band plays for tips, only.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

Camillia Grill is a kids favorite-and mine too. There's a location in the FQ, and the original location is at the end of the St. Charles streetcar line on Carrollton. The cooks get everyone involved, and a meal there is entertainment! It's not a Jazz brunch, but an experience kids enjoy.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 19:15
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,464 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

Muriel's....beautiful setting and our picky granddaughters found food they enjoyed.y

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
209 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

Atchafalaya has a very good brunch, is kid friendly, has a good band, and a make-your-own Bloody Mary bar. What else could you ask for?

atchafalayarestaurant.com/menus/brunch-menu

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

I think atchfalaya ours the winner for us. Easy to get to on the bus and halfway to the zoo, which is our Sunday destination. I have an 8yo daughter and want sure Le Pavillion would be worth it.

Delaware
Level Contributor
408 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

I know the Court of Two Sisters is pricey and has mixed reviews on these forums, but my husband and I really enjoyed Sunday Brunch here. We wanted a buffet so that we could try different kinds of dishes we normally would not have taken a chance to order - turtle soup, grillades & grits, etc. They had a good variety of foods to please everyone. Another plus to this is that you're moving at your own pace and not really waiting on servers so you can hurry up if the kids get tired of sitting. Just make sure to ask for a courtyard table if possible - great atmosphere and more for the kids to look at out there. And leave room for dessert - their coconut cake is the best I've tasted since my late grandmother's.....

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
686 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

You say Court of Two Sisters is pricey.

How much is it? I think I researched it awhile back and the price didn't seem too bad.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

I think it's $29.00 for the brunch at The Court Of Two Sisters, but I agree that there is a BIG variety of food to try plus you can order eggs benedict with the brunch and that is delicious! I agree with Travelergc. I love the place and the outside court yard is beautiful--especially the 100 year old Wisteria that hangs over your head.

My fav desert is the pecan pie...to die for : )

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

Yes, Court's jazz brunch is $29 for the buffet.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch with kids

Is 29.00 the price for children too? I went to the website but cannot seem to see any prices.