We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for "picky people"

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Topic
Help for "picky people"

I am trying to help my inlaws in picking accomodations, it will be their first trip.

Requirements:

a comfortable bed (FIL has a bad hip..needs a comfortable mattress or maybe memory foam??)

a mini fridge (medication that needs to be kept chilled)

a nice atmosphere (that's MIL..."rolls eyes"...she likes it pretty!)

I welcome any suggestions since I don't think they would really like any places that I have stayed.

TIA

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for "picky people"

The first thought that came to mind that fits all the reqs would be the Hotel Le Marais. The most comfortable bed that I ever encountered in a hotel. Newly remodeled and refurbished, and a lovely property.

Although I don't remember if it has a mini fridge or not.....

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for "picky people"

Thanks, ughh it's so hard advising people that have different requirements than you do!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for "picky people"

It isn't in the French Quarter but it is a short walk away and has river views--the Riverside Hilton. My husband stayed there for a conference and although it was much too cookie-cutter for my tastes, it was nice and had awesome beds! It is really pretty on the inside, right on the Riverwalk and (I think) contains the restaurant Drago's.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for "picky people"

The Westin has wonderful beds and would put them in a great location for all of the streetcars. Plus if they request a high floor they will have wonderful views...ask for a river or French Quarter view.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for "picky people"

A suite, the typical room and typically reasonably priced, at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville. Separate sitting and bed rooms, wet bar and fridge, modern bath with walk-in shower (but no tub), all new furnishings and finishes including luxury bed and bedding. It also has some degree of New Orleans ambiance. Not my favorite location, but pretty good and convenient to the streetcars and taxicab lines, as well as all the sundry shops on Canal St..

As stated above, Hotel le Marais is very similarly appointed, absent the separate rooms and fridge (although many hotels will furnish one for those claiming health concerns); it also has walk-in shower but no tub. A somewhat better location than Courtyard/Iberville.

The newly renovated Hyatt French Quarter is very nicely done, including new upscale bedding, but without quite as much pizzazz as the two properties mentioned above. A very slightly better location than the Courtyard/Iberville, but not quite as good as Hotel le Marais. We stayed there this last January, but can't recall if it had a fridge (I think it did).

Edited: 15 March 2013, 00:00
Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help for "picky people"

Royal Sonesta has very comfortable beds and a mini fridge.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help for "picky people"

Everyone has their favs but in my book, the W chain has the best beds in the industry! They are not the best for service but the Quarter W hotel is much better than the W on Poydras. The W beds, comforters and linens make you feel like you are wrapped up in a giant marshmellow.

Montreal
Level Contributor
555 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help for "picky people"

we stayed at the westin for a night in february and although the beds were incredibly comfy, if your in laws are picky i don't recommend it. 2 out of 4 of the elevators were out of order while were were there and it's in a bit of a state of disrepair. it's really expensive for what it's actually worth and you have to pay for everything, including wifi and local calls.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help for "picky people"

My new favorite hotel is the Bourbon Orleans. Not only does it have a great location in the middle of the FQ but the service is amazing. The beds and pillows were very comfortable ( and they gave you plenty of pillows).

The lobby and grounds were beautiful and we got a great rate through bookit.com and there were no issues with this when we got to the hotel.

The only thing was we had no fridge but there was a space where one obviously was. I am thinking most rooms had a fridge but you might want to call to confirm.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Help for "picky people"

Could your FIL take a little cooler for his meds?